Factbox not appearing on some pages

Chris Koerner
Hello all,
I have a wiki we use to track our application library within our IT
department. Close to 2,000 pages. All pages use a semantic from and a
template to display some metadata about the application.

A few pages don’t show the fact box.

I’ve edited the errant pages with a few simple edits and that doesn’t do
anything.

I checked to make sure all brackets were closed as that might cause
css/html issues. All are closed.

I checked to see if any templates on the pages have the magic word
__NOFACTBOX__ included in them - which would remove the factbox. Nope.

I even added __SHOWFACTBOX__ with no change.

Not a skin issue, as switching to Monobook doesn’t change anything.

#ask queries still show that page when querying for known property/value
pairs.

Webkit inspector shows that the “smwfact” div just doesn’t appear. No
errors in the console.

Here are two screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/7cKvoSU.png - Factbox appears

http://i.imgur.com/fcT7Z5L.png - Factbox not showing

The properties are being saved correctly to the page as visits to Special
pages like “Special:SearchByProperty” shows the page with the appropriate
property value.

"Special:Browse" also lists all properties as it should.

http://i.imgur.com/mePOT54.png

I’ve copied the entire content of the page into another page (a sub page
under my User page) and the fact box appears!

All jobs in the queue have been run. I use memcache for caching. I'm
stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1.23wmf22 - SMW 1.9.2

Yours,
Chris Koerner
clkoerner.com

Re: Factbox not appearing on some pages

James HK
Hi,

The only thing I can think of (I have seen this in the past that
sometimes memcache acts funny and therefore returns null values) is to
set $GLOBALS['smwgCacheType'] = CACHE_DB for when
$GLOBALS['smwgFactboxUseCache'] is set true.

$GLOBALS['smwgFactboxUseCache'] = true usage is preferred otherwise
the Factbox is parsed on each page request.

Cheers