Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Netha Hussain
Dear all,

     On a casual request, I was prompted to support some of the tasks the India Chapter and the India community would benefit together, and I decided to take up the responsibility of creating profiles for the 'Featured Wikimedian' section in the Wikimedia India Chapter wiki. This section aims to showcase the achievements of active Wikimedians who have contributed significantly to the Wikimedia projects in English and/or Indian languages. The featured profile for January is that of Mr. Balachandran G from Malayalam Wikipedia.

 If you know an inspiring Wikimedian whose profile hasn't been featured yet, do let me know! Please also go through the profile of the featured Wikimedian of this month and send your suggestions and comments for improving this section.

Happy new year!

Regards
User: Netha Hussain

--
Netha Hussain
Student of Medicine and Surgery

Blogs : nethahussain.blogspot.com
swethaambari.wordpress.com

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Dhaval S. Vyas
Hi Netha,

Very good initiative. I would suggest we have profiles of all the Indian language wikimedians who were recognised as Noteworthy Wikimedian Contributors during WCI last year. I haven't seen any significant credits being given to them, nor have seen any central announcement regarding their selections (apologies if there was any such communication that I missed).

It will be a true recognition of their contributions if their profiles are prepared.

Regards,
Dhaval

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Anirudh S. Bhati
Thanks, Netha, for your help and support!

Kind Regards,
Anirudh

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Dhaval S. Vyas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Netha,
>
> Very good initiative. I would suggest we have profiles of all the Indian
> language wikimedians who were recognised as Noteworthy Wikimedian
> Contributors during WCI last year. I haven't seen any significant credits
> being given to them, nor have seen any central announcement regarding their
> selections (apologies if there was any such communication that I missed).
>
> It will be a true recognition of their contributions if their profiles are
> prepared.
>
> Regards,
> Dhaval
>

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>      On a casual request, I was prompted to support some of the tasks the
>> India Chapter and the India community would benefit together, and I decided
>> to take up the responsibility of creating profiles for the 'Featured
>> Wikimedian' section in the Wikimedia India Chapter wiki. This section aims
>> to showcase the achievements of active Wikimedians who have contributed
>> significantly to the Wikimedia projects in English and/or Indian languages.
>> The featured profile for January is that of Mr. Balachandran G from
>> Malayalam Wikipedia.
>>
>>  If you know an inspiring Wikimedian whose profile hasn't been featured
>> yet, do let me know! Please also go through the profile of the featured
>> Wikimedian of this month and send your suggestions and comments for
>> improving this section.
>>
>> Happy new year!
>>
>> Regards
>> User: Netha Hussain
>>
>> --
>> Netha Hussain
>> Student of Medicine and Surgery
>> Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
>> Blogs : nethahussain.blogspot.com
>> swethaambari.wordpress.com

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Deepon Saha

Thats great Netha! These people deserve some recognition.. Thanks for the support.

Happy new year to you & everyone in the group..:)

Best,

Deepon

On Jan 3, 2013 6:46 AM, "Anirudh Bhati" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Netha, for your help and support!

Kind Regards,
Anirudh

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Dhaval S. Vyas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Netha,
>
> Very good initiative. I would suggest we have profiles of all the Indian
> language wikimedians who were recognised as Noteworthy Wikimedian
> Contributors during WCI last year. I haven't seen any significant credits
> being given to them, nor have seen any central announcement regarding their
> selections (apologies if there was any such communication that I missed).
>
> It will be a true recognition of their contributions if their profiles are
> prepared.
>
> Regards,
> Dhaval
>

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>      On a casual request, I was prompted to support some of the tasks the
>> India Chapter and the India community would benefit together, and I decided
>> to take up the responsibility of creating profiles for the 'Featured
>> Wikimedian' section in the Wikimedia India Chapter wiki. This section aims
>> to showcase the achievements of active Wikimedians who have contributed
>> significantly to the Wikimedia projects in English and/or Indian languages.
>> The featured profile for January is that of Mr. Balachandran G from
>> Malayalam Wikipedia.
>>
>>  If you know an inspiring Wikimedian whose profile hasn't been featured
>> yet, do let me know! Please also go through the profile of the featured
>> Wikimedian of this month and send your suggestions and comments for
>> improving this section.
>>
>> Happy new year!
>>
>> Regards
>> User: Netha Hussain
>>
>> --
>> Netha Hussain
>> Student of Medicine and Surgery
>> Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
>> Blogs : nethahussain.blogspot.com
>> swethaambari.wordpress.com

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Ashwin Baindur
I concur with Arun!

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Arun Ramarathnam <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Netha Hussain
Dear all,

 The featured Wikimedian of this month in Aniruddha Kumar from Hindi Wikipedia. Aniruddha's profile can be viewed here : http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Main_Page

Thanks.

User: Netha Hussain

[...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
Brilliant Netha!
People like Aniruddha should inspire us more to work for common goals!

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Netha Hussain
Dear all,

 The featured Wikimedian of March is Srinivas Gunta from English Wikipedia. His profile can be viewed here: http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Main_Page

Thanks

Regards

Netha

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ansuman-2
Hi

Thanks for the update, and for bringing in such senior contributors.
I only knew him as User:Gurubrahma, Could you add his enwiki userpage link to the  profile?

Regards,
Ansuman

On 1 March 2013 21:09, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

 The featured Wikimedian of March is Srinivas Gunta from English Wikipedia. His profile can be viewed here: http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Main_Page

Thanks

Regards

Netha

Re: Featured Wikimedian profile on Wikimedia India Chapter wiki

Karthik Nadar-2
Ansuman,

I have added his username.

Thanks!

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM, ansuman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the update, and for bringing in such senior contributors.
I only knew him as User:Gurubrahma, Could you add his enwiki userpage link to the  profile?

Regards,
Ansuman

On 1 March 2013 21:09, Netha Hussain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

 The featured Wikimedian of March is Srinivas Gunta from English Wikipedia. His profile can be viewed here: http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Main_Page

Thanks

Regards