First QRpedia deployment in a church

Andy Mabbett-2
Folks,

It's my pleasure to announce that one of Birmingham's historic churches, St Paul's, in the city's Jewellery Quarter, is the first church in the world to use QRpedia. I have just helped their staff to install codes linking to articles about the church, the square in which it stands, its famous worshippers (James Watt & Matthew Boulton; each code alongside the location of their respective private pews), the artists who designed and made its east window (Benjamin West &  Francis Eginton).

Codes for  the architect who added its spire (Francis Goodwin), and its famous organist (James Stimpson), will be added shortly.

I'll be posting some images to Commons shortly, then working with them to raise some local and church-sector press coverage.

Many thanks to fellow Wikipedians around the world, who raised the article about the church from one language to eleven over the last week. More would still be welcome!

No doubt an item in "This Month in GLAM" will follow.

I wonder what Messrs. Boulton and Watt would have made of this innovative technolgy?

The URLs used are:

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: First QRpedia deployment in a church

Andy Mabbett-2
Images now uploaded:

    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles/Pigsonthewing

On 23 March 2012 15:16, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon Davies
Should you do one to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

--
Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk