Quantcast

Fix: Extension:Semantic Incoming Properties + SMW 1.6+

Fix: Extension:Semantic Incoming Properties + SMW 1.6+

James HK
To whom it may concern,

Late in September, we encountered some problems with the Semantic
Incoming Properties extension in connection with SMW 1.6+ , since we
couldn't wait until their be might a fix available, we did fix it
ourselves.

The fix is not genuine nor innovative but it does the job on SMW 1.5,
1.6 and 1.7 (tested on MW 1.17, 1.18). Everyone who has an interest in
#iask (list of incoming properties for a specified page) can have a
look at [1].

If you think the extension needs improvement fell free to fork on
github and add your enhancements.

[1] https://github.com/mwjames/smw-sip

Cheers

MWJames

Re: [SMW-devel] Fix: Extension:Semantic Incoming Properties + SMW 1.6+

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

Neat! Ideally the code would be in the WMF repo though. In any case, feel
free to update the documentation page of the extension [0] to link to the
newer code.

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Incoming_Properties

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com

Re: [SMW-devel] Fix: Extension:Semantic Incoming Properties + SMW 1.6+

badon
This is really a good idea. Before, all we had to work with is "What links here". Having that data as true semantic properties will be really nice. Thanks for making this, I look forward to trying it as soon as I get SMW working again.