Flexible tagging on Commons

David Gerard-2
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_Ultimate_Wiktionary_for_Commons

GerardM here outlines a way to use WiktionaryZ work for what I
mentioned last night.

- d.

Re: Flexible tagging on Commons

Brianna Laugher
Yeah, that would be nice. But is there any even remote possibility it
will ever be implemented in any fashion any time in the next, I don't
know, 3 years? Automatic translation of templates, even? I'll jump for
joy when I see this code is actually in the pipeline, not just a
pipedream.

Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_Ultimate_Wiktionary_for_Commons
>
> GerardM here outlines a way to use WiktionaryZ work for what I
> mentioned last night.
>

> - d.

Re: Flexible tagging on Commons

Siebrand Mazeland
It is definately possible this will be implemented within the next 3 years.
If you would be able to assist in getting any funding to have it implemented
by a programmer, please let me know.

Cheers!

Siebrand

Yeah, that would be nice. But is there any even remote possibility it will
ever be implemented in any fashion any time in the next, I don't know, 3
years? Automatic translation of templates, even? I'll jump for joy when I
see this code is actually in the pipeline, not just a pipedream.

Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_Ultimate_Wiktionary_for_Commons
>
> GerardM here outlines a way to use WiktionaryZ work for what I
> mentioned last night.
> - d.

Re: Flexible tagging on Commons

Erik Moeller-4
On 10/7/06, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yeah, that would be nice. But is there any even remote possibility it
> will ever be implemented in any fashion any time in the next, I don't
> know, 3 years?

Yes. Gerard and I have been discussing this with a potential partner a
few days ago, and it looks like we may be able to fund something
before the end of the year.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.