Quantcast

Forms/input fields

supfors
Hello,

I would like to be able to create 3 forms/input fields and automatically deploy these imput fields/forms to 10 wiki pages.

For example:

Name
(users add the information)

Address
(users add the information)

Phone number
(users add the information)

On each wiki page, these forms/input fields should contain different information.

When everything is done, (all forms/input fields on all 10 wiki pages are filled in by users); i would like to be able to add a 4th form/input field, on the same 10 wiki pages. When doing so; all previous entered information it not to be touched.

For example:

Name
(Already containing information)

Address
(Already containing information)

Phone number
(Already containing information)

E-mailaddress
(users add the information)

How is this to be archieved?
Thank you for your answer in advance!

Re: Forms/input fields

Krabina Bernhard
Hi,

you only need 1 form that is able to change pages in a given category. So I assume that your 10 wiki pages reside in the same category (if not, this is the way it should be - there should be one form for each category of pages, it doesn't matter if there are 10 or 1.000 pages that are to be edited in this category).

It is no problem to add more fields at a later point, everything else will be untouched. You can even have content in your wiki pages and once you define a form and a template, you can then hit the "edit with form" button and your content will be in the free text area.

reagards,
Bernhard

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----

> Hello,
>
> I would like to be able to create 3 forms/input fields and
> automatically
> deploy these imput fields/forms to 10 wiki pages.
>
> For example:
>
> *Name*
> (users add the information)
>
> *Address*
> (users add the information)
>
> *Phone number*
> (users add the information)
>
> On each wiki page, these forms/input fields should contain different
> information.
>
> When everything is done, (all forms/input fields on all 10 wiki pages
> are
> filled in by users); i would like to be able to add a 4th form/input
> field,
> on the same 10 wiki pages. When doing so; all previous entered
> information
> it not to be touched.
>
> For example:
>
> *Name*
> (Already containing information)
>
> *Address*
> (Already containing information)
>
> *Phone number*
> (Already containing information)
>
> *E-mailaddress*
> (users add the information)
>

> How is this to be archieved?
> Thank you for your answer in advance!

> Nabble.com.

> Android is increasing in popularity, but the open development
> platform that
> developers love is also attractive to malware creators. Download this
> white
> paper to learn more about secure code signing practices that can help
> keep
> Android apps secure.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=65839951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Forms/input fields

supfors
Thank you very much for your answer.

I get the idea... Would you be so kind to elaborate the steps in adding forms on all pages (who are member of a category)

I have 3 pages (page1, page2 and page3), all are members of category "cat1"

I have created a form (form1).

How can i apply this form to all members of cat1?

When i use "Start of form", i only seem to be able to edit 1 page at a time.

Re: Forms/input fields

Krabina Bernhard
----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>
> I get the idea... Would you be so kind to elaborate the steps in
> adding
> forms on all pages (who are member of a category)

just put [[has default form:FORM NAME]] to the category page.

then the "edit with form" tab appears (in the language of your wiki).

see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/The_%22edit_with_form%22_tab#Based_on_category

> I have 3 pages (page1, page2 and page3), all are members of category
> "cat1"
>
> I have created a form (form1).
>
> How can i apply this form to all members of cat1?
>
> When i use "Start of form", i only seem to be able to edit 1 page at
> a time.

> Nabble.com.

> Android is increasing in popularity, but the open development
> platform that
> developers love is also attractive to malware creators. Download this
> white
> paper to learn more about secure code signing practices that can help
> keep
> Android apps secure.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=65839951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Forms/input fields

supfors
That's what i did, yes... but how can i deploy my change in form1 to all pages right away?

The way i'm doing it (and also how you describe it) i have to use "edit with form" on every single page?

Can i do this in batch/bulk ?

Re: Forms/input fields

supfors
Im using #autoedit to update all my articles containing form1. How i i specify more than 1 page?

{{#autoedit:form=form1|target=Page1|link text=Update alle Forms|link type=|summary=|query string=''query string parameters''|reload}}

{{#autoedit:form=form1|target=Page1 Page2 Page3 etc etc|link text=Update all forms|link type=|summary=|query string=''query string parameters''|reload}}