[Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

[Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

KIZU Naoko
Hello there,
Regretfully I would like you to notice some versions of
[[Wikimedia:Board of Trustees]] are now turned into redirect to the
English version due to the recent expansion of the Board (and lack of
the stable version, even in English for now).

The pages mentioned are:
# [[Wikimedia:理事��]]
# [[Wikimedia:Bestuur]]
# [[Wikimedia:Conseil d'administration]]
# [[Wikimedia:Consejo de Administración]]

I touched Italian version slightly ... hopefully I made no hurt.

There are now seven Board members, but according to the documents
mentioned on the above, five. And one of five stepped down yesterday.
Three new faces were mentioned there. I am very regretful by myself,
but hope it will be a way to prevent further confusion.

For fast remedy, you may add three names to the list on the top and
later put their description. Tim Shell will be moved to the section at
the bottom, "previous members" due to his resignation.

The new English version is coming soon, expectantly. Jan-Bart, one of
new board members proofread the meta version and nodded, for your
information. Unless other board member stops us explicitly, we'll open
this request in the early of the next week.

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

Re: [Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 12/16/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello there,
> Regretfully I would like you to notice some versions of
> [[Wikimedia:Board of Trustees]] are now turned into redirect to the
> English version due to the recent expansion of the Board (and lack of
> the stable version, even in English for now).
>
> The pages mentioned are:
> # [[Wikimedia:理事��]]
> # [[Wikimedia:Bestuur]]
> # [[Wikimedia:Conseil d'administration]]
> # [[Wikimedia:Consejo de Administración]]
>
> I touched Italian version slightly ... hopefully I made no hurt.
>
> There are now seven Board members, but according to the documents
> mentioned on the above, five. And one of five stepped down yesterday.
> Three new faces were mentioned there. I am very regretful by myself,
> but hope it will be a way to prevent further confusion.
>
> For fast remedy, you may add three names to the list on the top and
> later put their description. Tim Shell will be moved to the section at
> the bottom, "previous members" due to his resignation.
>
> The new English version is coming soon, expectantly. Jan-Bart, one of
> new board members proofread the meta version and nodded, for your
> information. Unless other board member stops us explicitly, we'll open
> this request in the early of the next week.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> KIZU Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

why aren't those listed at m:TR ? I find the WMF subpage still unclean
and confusing, whereas the new organization of TR is neat and clean ;)

I'll take a look t spanish version

Re: [Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

KIZU Naoko
Thank you for your interesting Pedro,
the reason it isn't listed or precisely commented out is, the English
version is not stable and waiting for reviews. For your information,
there was on meta before hours but after seeing Jan-Bart updated his
part, I closed it once again. Now I am not sure if Mind or Oscar are
happy with that version ..... It will be a mess, I am afraid, we need
to bother you after you have done it once. Or we are better to take a
risk? How do you think?

The plain list with their terms, and the part of Jan-Bart on meta are
therefore currently ready for translation. If you give a list and
survive the version, it will be great.

Cheers,

On 12/17/06, Pedro Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> # [[Wikimedia:Conseil d'administration]]
> # [[Wikimedia:Consejo de Administración]]
>
> I touched Italian version slightly ... hopefully I made no hurt.
>
> There are now seven Board members, but according to the documents
> mentioned on the above, five. And one of five stepped down yesterday.
> Three new faces were mentioned there. I am very regretful by myself,
> but hope it will be a way to prevent further confusion.
>
> For fast remedy, you may add three names to the list on the top and
> later put their description. Tim Shell will be moved to the section at
> the bottom, "previous members" due to his resignation.
>
> The new English version is coming soon, expectantly. Jan-Bart, one of
> new board members proofread the meta version and nodded, for your
> information. Unless other board member stops us explicitly, we'll open
> this request in the early of the next week.

I transalted directly on the foundation wiki as a quick fix, but it
still needs to be copyedited at meta (and possible a reuploading if
there's any correction)

Re: [Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 12/16/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for your interesting Pedro,
> the reason it isn't listed or precisely commented out is, the English
> version is not stable and waiting for reviews. For your information,
> there was on meta before hours but after seeing Jan-Bart updated his
> part, I closed it once again. Now I am not sure if Mind or Oscar are
> happy with that version ..... It will be a mess, I am afraid, we need
> to bother you after you have done it once. Or we are better to take a
> risk? How do you think?
>
> The plain list with their terms, and the part of Jan-Bart on meta are
> therefore currently ready for translation. If you give a list and
> survive the version, it will be great.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On 12/17/06, Pedro Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 12/16/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello there,
> > > Regretfully I would like you to notice some versions of
> > > [[Wikimedia:Board of Trustees]] are now turned into redirect to the
> > > English version due to the recent expansion of the Board (and lack of
> > > the stable version, even in English for now).
> > >
> > > The pages mentioned are:
> > > # [[Wikimedia:理事��]]
> > > # [[Wikimedia:Bestuur]]
> > > # [[Wikimedia:Conseil d'administration]]
> > > # [[Wikimedia:Consejo de Administración]]
> > >
> > > I touched Italian version slightly ... hopefully I made no hurt.
> > >
> > > There are now seven Board members, but according to the documents
> > > mentioned on the above, five. And one of five stepped down yesterday.
> > > Three new faces were mentioned there. I am very regretful by myself,
> > > but hope it will be a way to prevent further confusion.
> > >
> > > For fast remedy, you may add three names to the list on the top and
> > > later put their description. Tim Shell will be moved to the section at
> > > the bottom, "previous members" due to his resignation.
> > >
> > > The new English version is coming soon, expectantly. Jan-Bart, one of
> > > new board members proofread the meta version and nodded, for your
> > > information. Unless other board member stops us explicitly, we'll open
> > > this request in the early of the next week.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > --
> > > KIZU Naoko
> > >   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
> > >   * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

> > why aren't those listed at m:TR ? I find the WMF subpage still unclean
> > and confusing, whereas the new organization of TR is neat and clean ;)
> >
> > I'll take a look t spanish version

> KIZU Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

I did a quick look at all of the members, fixed or updated a couple of
items. As soon as a definitive english stable versions arises, it can
be merged into the spanish one (I've posted it at meta as well), and
then reuploaded for spanish. At least, all the members show up on the
page at the moment.

Re: [Foundation wiki] Board of Trustees language versions: temporary turned to redirects

KIZU Naoko
Thank you for your cooperation both on meta and on the foundation website!