FoundationWiki accounts

Erik Moeller-4
Aphaia (Kizu Naoko) now has permission to create FoundationWiki
accounts, together with Michael Snow.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.

Re: FoundationWiki accounts

KIZU Naoko
> Aphaia (Kizu Naoko) now has permission to create FoundationWiki
> accounts, together with Michael Snow.

Thank you for granting this new right, also for all supports and trust
all you involved people. I hope to utilize it thoughtfully for benefit
for the Foundation and Project.

Another right on that wiki may be hopefully not off topic: import
right. It is now enabled both on meta and foundation wiki. So ... how
can we use it actually?

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org

Re: FoundationWiki accounts

Effe iets anders
Hi Kizu,

Do you mean technically use it or more as in policy? Technically it is
quite easy, you go to the wiki where you want to import, go to the
page Special:Import, and you do some selections and click on import.
Maybe you have to use Special:ExpandTemplates to bring over the
templates looking all right.

On policy: there has been a good discussion on this very list some
time ago about the use of the foundationwiki. There were also
mentionings of moving away pages that are not totally necessarily,
such as outdated non-finished reports, failed projects. I think we
should focus on clear definitions of what shoudl stay. I think at
least should stay:

*Resolutions
*Bylaws and other formal documents of the WMF
*Static information pages (who's who in the board and on employees)
*Fundraising pages
*Official press releases
*List of all acknowledged wiki's, chapters etc.
*Benefactors / Sponsors

and possibly translations of these

So these should be moved to meta at least:

*News as in non-official press releases
*Usertalkpages
*Possibly userpages
*Quarto
*Pages like [[It is forbidden to take pictures !/Ru]]

and a lot of other pages like that.

I hope my cents will help.
Greetings, Lodewijk

2006/10/18, Aphaia <[hidden email]>:

> On 10/18/06, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Aphaia (Kizu Naoko) now has permission to create FoundationWiki
> > accounts, together with Michael Snow.
>
> Thank you for granting this new right, also for all supports and trust
> all you involved people. I hope to utilize it thoughtfully for benefit
> for the Foundation and Project.
>
> Another right on that wiki may be hopefully not off topic: import
> right. It is now enabled both on meta and foundation wiki. So ... how
> can we use it actually?
>
> --
> Kizu Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

Re: FoundationWiki accounts

KIZU Naoko
Hello Effe,

On 10/19/06, effe iets anders <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do you mean technically use it or more as in policy? Technically it is
> quite easy, you go to the wiki where you want to import, go to the
> page Special:Import, and you do some selections and click on import.
> Maybe you have to use Special:ExpandTemplates to bring over the
> templates looking all right.

Thank you for instruction! I'll try later. Or other guys.

As for content, I appreciate you to bring it up. We need to discuss
what it publishes and not closely. Perhaps here or on meta.

I understand it is in responsible of Promocom (Elian & Akl) and
officers in some cases. We Transcom are in responsible of its
translation after the content is determined. As community vote for
deletion, a sysop per se isn't a person who determines what survive.
Generally I love to join discussion, not to use granted right only in
my discretion unless it's aparently of bureaucracy and waste of time.