Free images needed

David Gerard-2
I've just been whacking [[Image:Replace this image male.svg]] and
[[Image:Replace this image female.svg]] on all living biographies I
can find without pics.

So tell me: how the hell do we have an article on the Deputy Prime
Minister ([[Harriet Harman]] for those of short memory) without a free
content image?

Anyone feel like making initial approaches to the parties? (Alison,
James, I expect you two to get us pics of every Lib Dem with an
article ...)

- d.

Re: Free images needed

Thomas Dalton
>  So tell me: how the hell do we have an article on the Deputy Prime
>  Minister ([[Harriet Harman]] for those of short memory) without a free
>  content image?

Because nobody stands next to red carpets at premiers with a digital
camera waiting for Harriet Harman to come along? I think you're right,
contacting the parties is the best approach.

Re: Free images needed

geni

> I've just been whacking [[Image:Replace this image male.svg]] and
>  [[Image:Replace this image female.svg]] on all living biographies I
>  can find without pics.
>
>  So tell me: how the hell do we have an article on the Deputy Prime
>  Minister ([[Harriet Harman]] for those of short memory) without a free
>  content image?
>
>  Anyone feel like making initial approaches to the parties? (Alison,
>  James, I expect you two to get us pics of every Lib Dem with an
>  article ...)

Given MP's demonstrated ability to come up with copyright terms that
are some of the most bizarrely messy I've ever seen (and if rather
than a International Obfuscated C Code Contest there was a
International Obfuscated Copyright Statement Contest some of the stuff
I've run across would probably win) I'd rather not. We get a slow flow
of images through fromowner of MPs and the ones from the MP's offices
tend to be the most problematical.
--
geni

Re: Free images needed

David Gerard-2
On 23/03/2008, geni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Given MP's demonstrated ability to come up with copyright terms that
>  are some of the most bizarrely messy I've ever seen (and if rather
>  than a International Obfuscated C Code Contest there was a
>  International Obfuscated Copyright Statement Contest some of the stuff
>  I've run across would probably win) I'd rather not. We get a slow flow
>  of images through fromowner of MPs and the ones from the MP's offices
>  tend to be the most problematical.

Sounds like making free content normal (and our jargon definition of
the word "free" normative) is more important than I'd thought ...

- d.

Re: Free images needed

geni

> On 23/03/2008, geni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > Given MP's demonstrated ability to come up with copyright terms that
>  >  are some of the most bizarrely messy I've ever seen (and if rather
>  >  than a International Obfuscated C Code Contest there was a
>  >  International Obfuscated Copyright Statement Contest some of the stuff
>  >  I've run across would probably win) I'd rather not. We get a slow flow
>  >  of images through fromowner of MPs and the ones from the MP's offices
>  >  tend to be the most problematical.
>

> Sounds like making free content normal (and our jargon definition of
>  the word "free" normative) is more important than I'd thought ...

Yes and no an example would be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kevan_jones_mp.jpg

The problem is not so much definitions of free more that I ultimately
have no idea what the uploader's statement adds up to (actually I note
they replied on their talk page so now I do know that it adds up to
non free).

--
geni