Fundraiser launch

Chris Keating-2
Dear all,

Just a note about the fundraiser.

The Foundation is currently starting a "fundraiser soft launch" where only logged-in users will the fundraising banners displayed. This is so the community can help troubleshoot the Foundation's payment systems (which are rather more complicated than hitherto).

We aren't taking part in this "soft launch" as we are less worried about our systems. We will be running a further fundraising test, for non-logged-in users tomorrow (Tuesday) for much of the day. Then there will be silence until the real public launch on November 14th, with both logged-in and non-logged-in users.

We haven't yet decided how long we will keep the banners running for logged-in users - views on this from the community are welcome :-)

We'll try to keep you up to date with what's going on here: http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/2011_Fundraiser  - though please excuse any delays in communication, those of us involved (particularly myself and Richard) will be very, very busy for the next month or two.

Chris

Re: Fundraiser launch

Thomas Dalton
On 7 November 2011 15:18, Chris Keating <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We haven't yet decided how long we will keep the banners running for
> logged-in users - views on this from the community are welcome :-)

Do we have any way to know whether a particular donation came from a
logged-in user or not? If so, then we can make the decision on when to
take down the banners for logged-in users based on how much is coming
in from them. I would expect we'll get lots of donations from
logged-in users in the first couple of weeks, and then it will drop to
virtually nothing, at which point we can take them down.

Re: Fundraiser launch

Chris Keating-2

Just a note about the fundraiser.

And here are some more about our plans.

We did a large-scale test yesterday, using a total of 7 banners and appeals from 7 different people. We will start on Monday with the 3 strongest performers from that test: alongside Jimmy will be Brandon and Susan - here are some links

We'll be doing further testing during the fundraiser

Also on Monday (probably with a test on Saturday) we will be sending emails to donors from previous years, the draft of that is here:

And finally, man donors will get a thankyou letter through the post asking if they can set up a Direct Debit and make a gift Aid declaration (if they haven't done those things already) and a draft of that is here:

Please let me know of any comments..

Regards,

Chris

Re: Fundraiser launch

Chris Keating-2

And finally, man donors will get a thankyou letter through the post a

Typo:  man -> many. Amusingly enough, we are not targeting this by gender .:-D

Re: Fundraiser launch

Roger Bamkin
Well I always said I was an upmarket niche buy

On 9 November 2011 23:41, Chris Keating <[hidden email]> wrote:

And finally, man donors will get a thankyou letter through the post a

Typo:  man -> many. Amusingly enough, we are not targeting this by gender .:-D

Roger Bamkin
01332 702993
0758 2020815
Google+:Victuallers
Skype:Victuallers1
Flickr:Victuallers2

Charity plane/train fares

HJ Mitchell
So now that we're a registered charity, do we qualify for charity fares on planes and trains? If so, how do we get these and who would be eligible?

Harry

Re: Charity plane/train fares

Fae-6
Yes we will be eligible for these discounts. There is a bit of admin
hassle in setting these up and our staff are pretty busy setting up
the new office for the next couple of weeks.

We can defer for a month, or if there is a keen volunteer prepared to
look into setting this up, they would only need a letter from our CEO
or Andrew as confirmation to get an ID we can use (at least, that
seems to be how you do it for train fares, according to
<http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/prd47a6bc35ce741019b6b75f6258ae9/details.html>).

Cheers,
Fae

Re: Charity plane/train fares

Richard Symonds-2
I believe Jon is in the process of setting up air fares at present.