[Fundraising 2008] Important: Appeal

Kong Soon Lim
Hi,

Referring to the last few sentences of the letter of appeal I have a few inquires. Take a look at the following sentences.

We want to keep it free and strong, but we need the support of thousands of people like you.

I invite you to join us: Your donation will help keep Wikipedia free for the whole world.

The sentence structure seems to claim that WP will place advertising if it doesn't receive enough funding and I do believe that this isn't what we would want.

What if WP lack of funding, will the foundation use advertising as a threat for donation? I hope Jimmy didn't wrote that appeal personally. Perhaps it is just another staff. No insult or criticism. I am just asking.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Kong Soon
User: Diagramma Della Verita
You can help Wikimedia change the world!
Visit http://wikimediafoundation.org/  for more details.

Yahoo! Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist. Download it now!

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Important: Appeal

ChrisiPK
I am afraid this is the wrong list for such a question. The folks on
foundation-l will probably be able to answer your question.

Regards,

ChrisiPK

2008/12/26 Kong Soon Lim <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Referring to the last few sentences of the letter of appeal I have a few
> inquires. Take a look at the following sentences.
>
> We want to keep it free and strong, but we need the support of thousands of
> people like you.
>
> I invite you to join us: Your donation will help keep Wikipedia free for the
> whole world.
>
> The sentence structure seems to claim that WP will place advertising if it
> doesn't receive enough funding and I do believe that this isn't what we
> would want.
>
> What if WP lack of funding, will the foundation use advertising as a threat
> for donation? I hope Jimmy didn't wrote that appeal personally. Perhaps it
> is just another staff. No insult or criticism. I am just asking.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Regards,
> Kong Soon
> User: Diagramma Della Verita

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Important: Appeal

Kong Soon Lim
I actually sent it in this mailing list because, I came across that while translating.

Although I don't like the way it is written, I translated it based on the original version.

Regards,

Visit http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising for more details.

I am afraid this is the wrong list for such a question. The folks on
foundation-l will probably be able to answer your question.

Regards,

ChrisiPK

2008/12/26 Kong Soon Lim <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Referring to the last few sentences of the letter of appeal I have a few
> inquires. Take a look at the following sentences.
>
> We want to keep it free and strong, but we need the support of thousands of
> people like you.
>
> I invite you to join us: Your donation will help keep Wikipedia free for the
> whole world.
>
> The sentence structure seems to claim that WP will place advertising if it
> doesn't receive enough funding and I do believe that this isn't what we
> would want.
>
> What if WP lack of funding, will the foundation use advertising as a threat
> for donation? I hope Jimmy didn't wrote that appeal personally. Perhaps it
> is just another staff. No insult or criticism. I am just asking.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Regards,
> Kong Soon
> User: Diagramma Della Verita

Happy Holidays from Yahoo! Messenger
Spread holiday cheers to your friends and loved ones today!

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Important: Appeal

ChrisiPK
People on this mailing list are just translators of the messages, like
you are. If you want to talk to the people who wrote this message, you
will have to mail to foundation-l or to Jimbo himself.

Regards,

ChrisiPK