[Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
Hey Translators!

You all have done a phenomenal job on the fund-drive so far. :-)  We
currently have over 60 languages with the "core messages" completed
and published, that's all thanks to you guys!

However, as some of you may have noticed, we have only translated the
most important pages in "core messages" (Landing page, Donate Now, and
Support/Thank You).  Now that have that mostly wrapped up and
completed, we are starting a translation request for the
"supplementary pages".  Since there are quite a few of them, we have
broken them down by priority.

1. Missing => There are a few strings needed that weren't given in
"core messages".  Some of these are already translated from m:TR/quick
and other places.  However, if they're not, please translate them so
that the other pages can be complete.

2. WaysToGive => These are the other ways for users to donate.  If
necessary, it is possible to localize this page in addition to
translating it.
2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
year, so some languages are already fully translated.

3. Questions => This is a very large page, you may not want to do this
all at once. :-)

4. Stories => This page for users to submit their stories about
Wikipedia & how it has made their lives easier.  They would probably
be more apt to submit a story, if the interface was in their language.

5. Benefactors => A list of benefactors (those who donated a large
amount of money or have donated hardware)
5. Transparency => A page about the Wikimedia Foundation, which
describes their commitment to transparency.
5. Chapters => List of chapters and information about those
participating in the Fundraiser

Thank you for all your hard work so far!

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please feel free to
e-mail this list/me or contact us on Skype.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
Hrm, no link? <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/supplementary_pages>

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Translators!
>
> You all have done a phenomenal job on the fund-drive so far. :-)  We
> currently have over 60 languages with the "core messages" completed
> and published, that's all thanks to you guys!
>
> However, as some of you may have noticed, we have only translated the
> most important pages in "core messages" (Landing page, Donate Now, and
> Support/Thank You).  Now that have that mostly wrapped up and
> completed, we are starting a translation request for the
> "supplementary pages".  Since there are quite a few of them, we have
> broken them down by priority.
>
> 1. Missing => There are a few strings needed that weren't given in
> "core messages".  Some of these are already translated from m:TR/quick
> and other places.  However, if they're not, please translate them so
> that the other pages can be complete.
>
> 2. WaysToGive => These are the other ways for users to donate.  If
> necessary, it is possible to localize this page in addition to
> translating it.
> 2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
> video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
> year, so some languages are already fully translated.
>
> 3. Questions => This is a very large page, you may not want to do this
> all at once. :-)
>
> 4. Stories => This page for users to submit their stories about
> Wikipedia & how it has made their lives easier.  They would probably
> be more apt to submit a story, if the interface was in their language.
>
> 5. Benefactors => A list of benefactors (those who donated a large
> amount of money or have donated hardware)
> 5. Transparency => A page about the Wikimedia Foundation, which
> describes their commitment to transparency.
> 5. Chapters => List of chapters and information about those
> participating in the Fundraiser
>
> Thank you for all your hard work so far!
>
> If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please feel free to
> e-mail this list/me or contact us on Skype.
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023
>
> ---
> Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
> this address will probably get lost.
>



--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Casey Brown napisa:

Casey, in the Donate page for Upper Sorbian

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/hsb?utm_source=2008_meter_1&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=fundraiser2008

is an error though the translation on

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/core_messages/missing/hsb

is correct. On the Donate page the word "Widejow" is over the video
image but it must be "Widejo" (without "w" in the end of the word) like
it is in the translation.

And, on the top, where the sentence of Jimmy Wales is, the quotes are
wrong. They are changed by mistake. The left ones must be the right ones
and the right ones must be the left ones.

michawiki


_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
In reply to this post by Casey Brown-3
Casey Brown napisa:

Ah, I forgot to write that the issue with the quotes is for Lower
Sorbian as well:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/dsb?utm_source=2008_nometer_1_collapsed&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=fundraiser2008


Regards,
michawiki

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Casey Brown napisa:
>
> Ah, I forgot to write that the issue with the quotes is for Lower
> Sorbian as well:
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/dsb?utm_source=2008_nometer_1_collapsed&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=fundraiser2008
>

Fixed, thanks for the note!

<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/dsb?action=purge>
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/hsb?action=purge>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Casey Brown napisa:
> Fixed, thanks for the note!
>
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/dsb?action=purge>
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/hsb?action=purge>

Thanks, Casey. But there is still an issue with the quotes. Also the
position of the quotes on the line must be changed. The left ones must
stand on the line and the right must be over the line. Both for Upper
Sorbian and Lower Sorbian.

Regards,
michawiki


_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
In reply to this post by Casey Brown-3
Casey Brown napisa:
> 2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
> video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
> year, so some languages are already fully translated.

Yes, so it is for Upper Sorbian (hsb) but I can't it use to play the
video with Upper Sorbian subtitles though its status is "published", see:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/hsb

What the reason for this issue?

Regards,
michawiki



_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Casey Brown napisa:
>> 2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
>> video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
>> year, so some languages are already fully translated.
>
> Yes, so it is for Upper Sorbian (hsb) but I can't it use to play the
> video with Upper Sorbian subtitles though its status is "published", see:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/hsb
>
> What the reason for this issue?
>

It looks like Brion never uploaded it, or uploaded it to the wrong place.

Brion, would you care to check?
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/PSA_video-subtitled-hsb>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Casey Brown napisa:

> It looks like Brion never uploaded it, or uploaded it to the wrong place.
>
> Brion, would you care to check?
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/PSA_video-subtitled-hsb>
>

Thank you, Casey.

Still another question. I'm preparing the Lower Sorbian subtitles, too.
But they are new. Which URL I have to use for it? Maybe

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/dsb

AFAIK there are no video subtitles under Fundraising 2008 so far.

Regards
michawiki

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Casey Brown napisa:
>
>> It looks like Brion never uploaded it, or uploaded it to the wrong place.
>>
>> Brion, would you care to check?
>> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/PSA_video-subtitled-hsb>
>>
>
> Thank you, Casey.
>
> Still another question. I'm preparing the Lower Sorbian subtitles, too.
> But they are new. Which URL I have to use for it? Maybe
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/dsb
>
> AFAIK there are no video subtitles under Fundraising 2008 so far.
>
> Regards
> michawiki

We're using the same video as last year, so the location is the same.
It's under "2007"

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Brion Vibber-3
In reply to this post by Casey Brown-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Casey Brown wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Casey Brown napisa:
>>> 2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
>>> video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
>>> year, so some languages are already fully translated.
>> Yes, so it is for Upper Sorbian (hsb) but I can't it use to play the
>> video with Upper Sorbian subtitles though its status is "published", see:
>>
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/hsb
>>
>> What the reason for this issue?
>>
>
> It looks like Brion never uploaded it, or uploaded it to the wrong place.
>
> Brion, would you care to check?
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/PSA_video-subtitled-hsb>

I think it didn't make it into my master data set from last year, so
didn't get pulled over this year. I'll run it when I get in the office
tomorrow.

- -- brion
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkkgxN8ACgkQwRnhpk1wk47oVwCZAUPVhJMoit8FY83wbKLkNcai
ldgAoJZ9O58YDzKR1DF1vVLdL7Hhm8kI
=RTZ0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Brion Vibber napisa:
>
> I think it didn't make it into my master data set from last year, so
> didn't get pulled over this year. I'll run it when I get in the office
> tomorrow.

The Upper Sorbian subtitles are working now. Thank you. Meanwhile the
Lower Sorbian (dsb) subtitles are ready as well. Besides the page "Ways
to Give" has been translated into Upper Sorbian.

Regards,
michawiki

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Federico Leva (Nemo)
In reply to this post by Brion Vibber-3
The italian sitenotices are not updated (compare with
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/core_messages/it).
Please, correct them: there are several errors.
Moreover, the amount should be in the format 6 000 000 $; now, we have
$2.946.834, $6.000.000 and sometimes $6 000 000 (?!).
Thanks,
    Nemo

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
In reply to this post by Michael Wolf-2
Hi,

please publish the Lower Sorbian (dsb) subtitles (create ogg file).

Besides I've corrected the text of Upper Sorbian (hsb) Stories, please
publish it again.

Please enlarge the "Submit my story!" button, it's too short for Upper
Sorbian and Lower Sorbian.

Regards,
michawiki



_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please publish the Lower Sorbian (dsb) subtitles (create ogg file).
>

don't worry, we'll get to it. :-)  Brion has to do this and we do them in bulk.

> Besides I've corrected the text of Upper Sorbian (hsb) Stories, please
> publish it again.

I already updated it, thanks. :-)

>
> Please enlarge the "Submit my story!" button, it's too short for Upper
> Sorbian and Lower Sorbian.

We can't do that, I removed the "my story" part instead.  Now it
should just say "submit".

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Casey Brown napisa:

Hi Casey,

> don't worry, we'll get to it. :-)  Brion has to do this and we do them in bulk.

OK, I'll wait.

> I already updated it, thanks. :-)

I have to thank. :-)


> We can't do that, I removed the "my story" part instead.  Now it
> should just say "submit".

OK, that's sufficient. Thanks.


Regards,
michawiki



_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Michael Wolf-2
Hi,

I saw that the Wikipedia logo for Upper Sorbian on

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Now/hsb

is still in English. On Commons a Wikipedia logo for Upper Sorbian
doesn't seem to exist but there is one at

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/hsb/b/bc/Wiki.png

Maybe it wasn't found till now because its name isn't
wikipedia-logo-hsb.png but Wiki.png. Perhaps you can take it.

Regards
michawiki



_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Kong Soon Lim
The same thing applies with the Wikipedia logo for Malay on http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/ms
is still in English. 


Regards,
Kong Soon
User: Diagramma Della Verita
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can help Wikimedia change the world!
Visit http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising for more details.




From: Michael Wolf <[hidden email]>
To: Wikimedia Translators <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, 23 November 2008 6:09:14
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Hi,

I saw that the Wikipedia logo for Upper Sorbian on

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Now/hsb

is still in English. On Commons a Wikipedia logo for Upper Sorbian
doesn't seem to exist but there is one at

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/hsb/b/bc/Wiki.png

Maybe it wasn't found till now because its name isn't
wikipedia-logo-hsb.png but Wiki.png. Perhaps you can take it.

Regards
michawiki



_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l



Try cool new skins, plus more space for friends. Check it out on Singapore Yahoo! Messenger now.
_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

Casey Brown-3
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Kong Soon Lim
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The same thing applies with the Wikipedia logo for Malay
> on http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/ms
> is still in English.
> The image can be obtain from
> here. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikipedia-logo-ms.png

As you can see, I uploaded that image for use in the header. :-)  You
are just viewing a cached version, try purging.

The same goes for hsb, I've uploaded logos for all of them (except
pms, which uses the English logo even on pmswiki).  If anyone finds
any other missing logos (after purging), please feel free to e-mail.
:-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages

KIZU Naoko
In reply to this post by Brion Vibber-3
Hi Brion,
can you please look Dutch subtitle as well? It has been slightly
refined recently ...

Cheers,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Casey Brown wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Casey Brown napisa:
>>>> 2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
>>>> video".  The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
>>>> year, so some languages are already fully translated.
>>> Yes, so it is for Upper Sorbian (hsb) but I can't it use to play the
>>> video with Upper Sorbian subtitles though its status is "published", see:
>>>
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/hsb
>>>
>>> What the reason for this issue?
>>>
>>
>> It looks like Brion never uploaded it, or uploaded it to the wrong place.
>>
>> Brion, would you care to check?
>> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/PSA_video-subtitled-hsb>
>
> I think it didn't make it into my master data set from last year, so
> didn't get pulled over this year. I'll run it when I get in the office
> tomorrow.
>
> - -- brion
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkkgxN8ACgkQwRnhpk1wk47oVwCZAUPVhJMoit8FY83wbKLkNcai
> ldgAoJZ9O58YDzKR1DF1vVLdL7Hhm8kI
> =RTZ0
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>



--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
12