[Fundraising 2008] "Thank You" Page

Casey Brown-3
Hi all.

Here's the final translation request for the 2008 fundraiser, the
Thank You letter from Jimmy and its notice.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/thank_you>

This letter thanks all of the donors for donating and should help us
bring in even more donations as well.  According to Sue, this notice
will replace all the other notices from the Fundraiser (it will be
shown at 100%) and will be rolled out tomorrow.

The source shouldn't change too much between now and then, so you can
get started translating the documents.

Thanks again for all your work!

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

Re: [Fundraising 2008] "Thank You" Page

Kong Soon Lim
The translated version of the Malay (ms) thank you message status is published. However, there isn't any link onto that site.

The core message on the main WP Malay page still directs to the donate page. The links below the thank you message of the English version directs to the donate page instead of the translated version of thank you message.

--Kong Soon
User:Diagramma Della Verita

Here's the final translation request for the 2008 fundraiser, the
Thank You letter from Jimmy and its notice.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/thank_you>

This letter thanks all of the donors for donating and should help us
bring in even more donations as well.  According to Sue, this notice
will replace all the other notices from the Fundraiser (it will be
shown at 100%) and will be rolled out tomorrow.

The source shouldn't change too much between now and then, so you can
get started translating the documents.

Thanks again for all your work!

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!

Here's the final translation request for the 2008 fundraiser, the
Thank You letter from Jimmy and its notice.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/thank_you>

This letter thanks all of the donors for donating and should help us
bring in even more donations as well.  According to Sue, this notice
will replace all the other notices from the Fundraiser (it will be
shown at 100%) and will be rolled out tomorrow.

The source shouldn't change too much between now and then, so you can
get started translating the documents.

Thanks again for all your work!

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!

The phase 2 sitenotices had been set to display on English language wikis *only*...I'm not sure why it had been set like that or for how long. I've set them to display on every wiki now, so you should see the new notices within a few minutes.

--
Az1568

Re: [Fundraising 2008] "Thank You" Page

Erik Moeller-4
2009/1/3 Alex <[hidden email]>:
> The phase 2 sitenotices had been set to display on English language wikis
> *only*...I'm not sure why it had been set like that or for how long. I've
> set them to display on every wiki now, so you should see the new notices
> within a few minutes.

Right now, I'm seeing the old "is a non-profit"; "needs you" etc.
notices running on en.wp - we should be running _only_ the Thank You
notices where the thank you message exists.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/1/3 Alex <[hidden email]>:
> The phase 2 sitenotices had been set to display on English language wikis
> *only*...I'm not sure why it had been set like that or for how long. I've
> set them to display on every wiki now, so you should see the new notices
> within a few minutes.

Right now, I'm seeing the old "is a non-profit"; "needs you" etc.
notices running on en.wp - we should be running _only_ the Thank You
notices where the thank you message exists.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

That's odd... *tries to disable those notices and just have phase 2 run* I /hope/ that should fix it.

--
Az1568

Re: [Fundraising 2008] "Thank You" Page

Erik Moeller-4
It did (after the usual cache purging); thanks :-)

Erik

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
It did (after the usual cache purging); thanks :-)

Erik
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

Great. It's quite late (or early 4 AM) here in California and I'm more than ready for some sleep. ;-)

--
Az1568

Re: [Fundraising 2008] "Thank You" Page

ChrisiPK
The collapsed version of the message still says "Support Wikimedia:
Donate now" etc., just as it did before the change. Is this behaviour
intended? Shouldn't it also be changed to something like "WMF thanks
you for your donations"?

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, ChrisiPK <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The collapsed version of the message still says "Support Wikimedia:
> Donate now" etc., just as it did before the change. Is this behaviour
> intended? Shouldn't it also be changed to something like "WMF thanks
> you for your donations"?

Response from Rand:

--
Casey Brown