[Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

[Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Alex-469
Hi Translators.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requesting your assistance to translate a survey to donors and potential donors. This survey will help us to better understand our donors more, and ultimately, improve the effectiveness and efficiency of fundraising efforts of the Wikimedia Foundation. This survery can be translated on Meta.[1]

Translations are requested by the end of June.[2]

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to this e-mail or visit us on IRC/Skype.

Thanks.

Alex

--
Az1568 (Alex Zariv)

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Kong Soon Lim
Greetings and hi everyone,

I have recently viewed the contribution statistics from donors on the Wikimedia site. Is there any tracking that allows us to know which language site the donors come from? Just curios to know if there is people out there reading what has been translated....

Regards,
Kong-Soon Lim
User: Diagramma Della Verita
You can help Wikimedia change the world!
Visit http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising for more details.

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Sebastian Bassi-2
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Translators.
> The Wikimedia Foundation is requesting your assistance to translate a survey

Hi, I am new to this list.
I translated some wikipedia articles (EN 2 ES) but never on meta. I am
starting with this request. I could end it tomorrow. But I will need
some proofreading since I not sure about styles (formal/informal,
latinamerican/Spanish/neutral). I guess the meaning of the translation
is OK, but the style is worth a look.
Best,
SB. (sbassi in meta and es).

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Seb35
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 06:45:32 +0200, Sebastian Bassi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, I am new to this list.
Welcome :-)

> I translated some wikipedia articles (EN 2 ES) but never on meta. I am
> starting with this request. I could end it tomorrow. But I will need
> some proofreading since I not sure about styles (formal/informal,
> latinamerican/Spanish/neutral). I guess the meaning of the translation
> is OK, but the style is worth a look.
I translate from French (i.e. some differences in the vocabulary between
France and Quebec, sometimes also in Switzerland or Belgium) and I try to
write words used in each country. For the style I try to write phrases
fluid in French with the idea expressed in English, even if it is not a
word-to-word translation.

Sébastien

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Seb35

I think questions 5 and 6 are missing, no? It is written "Questions 4, 5 &
6" and there is only one question just after.
Is is normal?

Sébastien

Fri, 25 Jun 2010 02:11:33 +0200, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Translators.
>
> The Wikimedia Foundation is requesting your assistance to translate a
> survey
> to donors and potential donors. This survey will help us to better
> understand our donors more, and ultimately, improve the effectiveness and
> efficiency of fundraising efforts of the Wikimedia Foundation. This
> survery
> can be translated on Meta.[1]
>
> Translations are requested by the end of June.[2]
>
> If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to this
> e-mail
> or visit us on IRC/Skype.
>
> [1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey/Translation
> [2]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey#Survey_General_Process_Line
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alex

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Maryanna-2
I noticed that too but I think it's not our job. We only have to
translate what's written there. Anyway an answer is appreciated.
Maryanna

Il giorno 26/giu/10, alle ore 2:28, Seb35 ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I think questions 5 and 6 are missing, no? It is written "Questions
> 4, 5 &
> 6" and there is only one question just after.
> Is is normal?
>
> Sébastien
>
> Fri, 25 Jun 2010 02:11:33 +0200, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Translators.
>>
>> The Wikimedia Foundation is requesting your assistance to translate a
>> survey
>> to donors and potential donors. This survey will help us to better
>> understand our donors more, and ultimately, improve the
>> effectiveness and
>> efficiency of fundraising efforts of the Wikimedia Foundation. This
>> survery
>> can be translated on Meta.[1]
>>
>> Translations are requested by the end of June.[2]
>>
>> If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to this
>> e-mail
>> or visit us on IRC/Skype.
>>
>> [1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey/Translation
>> [2]
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey#Survey_General_Process_Line
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Alex

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Sebastian Bassi-2
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to this e-mail
> or visit us on IRC/Skype.

"ES" is done, now it needs proofreading.

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Alex-469
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Seb35 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think questions 5 and 6 are missing, no? It is written "Questions 4, 5 &
6" and there is only one question just after.
Is is normal?

Oops. - Thanks for pointing that out.

I've added the missing questions to the source text: http://meta.wikimedia.org/?diff=2023274

Alex

--
Az1568 (Alex Zariv)

Re: Italian version updated - proofreading

Ilario Valdelli
On 29.06.2010 11:03, Maryanna wrote:
> Italian version updated need proofreading again ;)
> Bye

I have controlled it just now.

It could be considered ready.

Ilario

Re: Italian version updated - proofreading

Maryanna-2
Thanks I changed the status

Maryanna

Il giorno 29/giu/10, alle ore 11:27, Ilario Valdelli ha scritto:

> On 29.06.2010 11:03, Maryanna wrote:
>> Italian version updated need proofreading again ;)
>> Bye
>>

> I have controlled it just now.
>
> It could be considered ready.
>
> Ilario

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Takashi OTA-4

We Japanese Team have run through the translation work
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey/Translation/ja
and now getting into the proofreading phase.

I have question about:
| Q22.
| What is the highest level of education have you achieved?
| High school, A-levels, apprenticeship, etc.

In this context, this branch means "finished just mandatory education
(and no higher education)"? For example, high school curriculum is not
compulsory in Japan. I wonder we'd be better to change it into junior high
or something (in our translation).

--Takashi OTA [[User:Takot]]

Re: [Fundraising 2010] WMF Fundraiser Survey

Alex-469
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Takashi OTA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We Japanese Team have run through the translation work
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Survey/Translation/ja
and now getting into the proofreading phase.

I have question about:
| Q22.
| What is the highest level of education have you achieved?
| High school, A-levels, apprenticeship, etc.

In this context, this branch means "finished just mandatory education
(and no higher education)"? For example, high school curriculum is not
compulsory in Japan. I wonder we'd be better to change it into junior high
or something (in our translation).

But feel free to change it if you need to

Alex

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Translators.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requesting your assistance to translate a survey to donors and potential donors. This survey will help us to better understand our donors more, and ultimately, improve the effectiveness and efficiency of fundraising efforts of the Wikimedia Foundation. This survery can be translated on Meta.[1]

Translations are requested by the end of June.[2]

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond to this e-mail or visit us on IRC/Skype.

Thanks.

Alex

--
Az1568 (Alex Zariv)

Hi all.

Just a quick update. We have most of the translations published into the survey system and ready to go. Thanks for all your help!

But we are still missing translations in German (de) and Dutch (nl)[1] and need them before the survey can be sent out. So if anyone could help us get those completed, it would be awesome. :-)

Alex

--
Az1568 (Alex Zariv)