Fundraising_2010 outreach

James Alexander-4
Howdy translators!

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce some of the Foundation's
fundraising staff to you and explain how things are going to work with
this year's fundraiser (currently scheduled to start November 7).

Basically, what we're planning on doing for this fundraiser is not just
"translate" the fundraising messages, but also "localize" them.  We
realize that not all messages work the best in every language,culture or
region so in addition to translating the English messages, we will also
have the option of other messages specific to your language or region...
and who knows better how to get people to donate in your language and
your region than you do? :)  We really need your help this year to come
up with local messages yourself and also to help get the rest of your
local community involved.

This is where the fundraising team comes in.  This fundraising season
myself, Keegan Peterzell, and Deniz Gültekin are the ones who have been
tasked with reaching out to every single wiki to try and get local
participation in the fundraiser planning and implementation.  We're here
both to answer questions as they come up and to listen to your feedback
about what types of messaging will work and won't work.  We'll
constantly be tweaking or changing things, based on your input, to try
to make everything as perfect as possible for the readers and donors in
your language and region.

If you have any questions or want to help out please feel free to
contact me, Keegan, or Deniz:

* James Alexander, [[User:Jalexander]], <[hidden email]>

* Keegan Peterzell, [[User:Kpeterzell]], <[hidden email]>

* Deniz Gültekin, [[User:Dgultekin]], <[hidden email]>

Thanks and I look forward to working with you throughout this
fundraiser! We'll be kicking off the discussions on your wikis very
soon, and would be delighted if you all would participate and also help
translate our initial message into your own language!

James Alexander
--
James Alexander
Associate Community Officer

Re: Fundraising_2010 outreach

KIZU Naoko
I don't know why but this mail was left unread in my mailbox,
so even belated, welcome aboard James,  Keegan and Deniz, and much
appreciated for noticing us.

The announced November 7 is in a month - is there any change of schedule lately?
Cheers,

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM, James Alexander
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy translators!
>
> I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce some of the Foundation's
> fundraising staff to you and explain how things are going to work with
> this year's fundraiser (currently scheduled to start November 7).
>
> Basically, what we're planning on doing for this fundraiser is not just
> "translate" the fundraising messages, but also "localize" them.  We
> realize that not all messages work the best in every language,culture or
> region so in addition to translating the English messages, we will also
> have the option of other messages specific to your language or region...
> and who knows better how to get people to donate in your language and
> your region than you do? :)  We really need your help this year to come
> up with local messages yourself and also to help get the rest of your
> local community involved.
>
> This is where the fundraising team comes in.  This fundraising season
> myself, Keegan Peterzell, and Deniz Gültekin are the ones who have been
> tasked with reaching out to every single wiki to try and get local
> participation in the fundraiser planning and implementation.  We're here
> both to answer questions as they come up and to listen to your feedback
> about what types of messaging will work and won't work.  We'll
> constantly be tweaking or changing things, based on your input, to try
> to make everything as perfect as possible for the readers and donors in
> your language and region.
>
> If you have any questions or want to help out please feel free to
> contact me, Keegan, or Deniz:
>
> * James Alexander, [[User:Jalexander]], <[hidden email]>
>
> * Keegan Peterzell, [[User:Kpeterzell]], <[hidden email]>
>
> * Deniz Gültekin, [[User:Dgultekin]], <[hidden email]>
>
> Thanks and I look forward to working with you throughout this
> fundraiser! We'll be kicking off the discussions on your wikis very
> soon, and would be delighted if you all would participate and also help
> translate our initial message into your own language!
>
> James Alexander
> --
> James Alexander
> Associate Community Officer