[Fundraising] Sitenotice version up

KIZU Naoko
Hi,
Sitenotice was redesigned. You can see it on Commons, meta and English
projects.
To match your language version to the latest one, please visit
[[m:Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice]]

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice

I hope you love it too :)
Thanks!

--
KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote <http://wikiquote.org> is a free online project for building

Re: [Fundraising] Sitenotice version up

Michael Wolf-2
Aphaia napisa:
> Hi,
> Sitenotice was redesigned. You can see it on Commons, meta and English
> projects.
> To match your language version to the latest one, please visit
> [[m:Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice]]
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice

Hi Aphaia,

I've just seen that there is a contradiction on page Text for
sitenotice. On the top there is the sitenotice message with the project
name "Wikipedia" in the English scheme it is {{SITENAME}} and in the
translate example box it is Wikimedia. And it seems that the most
Wikipedias use the text of the translate example box. So what's right,
Wikipedia, {{SITENAME}} or Wikimedia?

Regards

Re: [Fundraising] Sitenotice version up

KIZU Naoko
Hi, thank you for bringing it up.

On Nov 13, 2007 8:11 AM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Aphaia,
>
> I've just seen that there is a contradiction on page Text for
> sitenotice. On the top there is the sitenotice message with the project
> name "Wikipedia" in the English scheme it is {{SITENAME}} and in the
> translate example box it is Wikimedia.

I found Brion changed the setting on November 9. Personally I am no
big fun of this change, though basically I love the intention,  but I
think it'll be better to stay in hours ...  I hope he is back fully
online Tuesday, and give a chance to coordinate it. Thank you for your
patience, stay tuned. I hope we give a fixed reply in 24 hours.

> And it seems that the most
> Wikipedias use the text of the translate example box. So what's right,
> Wikipedia, {{SITENAME}} or Wikimedia?
>
> Regards

KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote <http://wikiquote.org> is a free online project for building
collections of quotations, hosted by Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

Re: [Fundraising] Sitenotice version up

Michael Wolf-2
Aphaia napisa:
> I found Brion changed the setting on November 9. Personally I am no
> big fun of this change, though basically I love the intention,  but I
> think it'll be better to stay in hours ...  I hope he is back fully
> online Tuesday, and give a chance to coordinate it. Thank you for your
> patience, stay tuned. I hope we give a fixed reply in 24 hours.

Yes, now I've seen it, he has already changed it on November 8. Thank
you for your immediate reply.

Kind regards

Re: [Fundraising] Sitenotice version up

KIZU Naoko
Hi!

On the Sitenotice message change, which Michael noticed, I talked with
Brion and Cary, and we reached the conclusion:
* default are preferred to be {{SITENAME}}
* however, the local community may amend this setting - particularly
the project name is not given in the script they use for their
language (e.g. Ja settings except jawikinews): then, you can choose
the alternative "Wikimedia" in your preferred script (ウィキメディア、維基媒体 or
whatever)...

Thanks for your cooperation,