Fundraising message 20212

Takashi OTA-4
Hi lists,

I'm working on the fundraising 2012 messages into Japanese.

1:
In [[Fundraising_2012/Translation/Ways_to_give/12]],
the source message seems as:

* Follow the on-screen directions from that point on.  You can find
more information on $waystogiveurl PayPal's page$ways2giveclose.

Should these $waystogiveurl and $ways2giveclose be used as brackets,
like composing [[PayPal's page]]?

2:
In [[Fundraising_2012/Translation/Donor_information_pages/2f]],
“In the meantime, please look at the following URL for other options
that may be available to you at this time:[[Ways to Give/en|other ways
to give]].”

has changed into

“ In the meantime, please look at the following URL for other options
that may be available to you at this time:  '''Ways to give'''.”

recently (link removed). Will '''Ways to give''' not be linked when released?
Some languages (including Japanese) do not have colons and a notation
to place noun (clause) after that. So I considered to incorporate
'''Ways to give'''
into the sentence before, if it is not a link (or even it is).
I would like to know why this change has been made, and where the actual
"the following URL" will be.

3:
In [[Landing Page and Banner messages]], the message 4b says "150 staffs",
while the message "140 employees". The fact may be in between 140 and
150 or so :)
but readers may regard it inconsistent, if both are read.

Bests,

--OTA Takashi

Re: Fundraising message 20212

Joseph Seddon-6
Hey takashi.

1) Tomorrow I plan to update the ways to give request. Its quite a job integrating the translations and the original idea was that I wanted to avoid translators having to worry about formatting but to be honest probably just made the situation worse. In fact I am almost 100% certain I did. The main reason for that attempt is that sometimes translators try to transliterate or translate links or addresses when they shouldn't be and in fact this reason in part applies to point 2 you raise.

2) Yeah that particular change was probably unnecesary and I have just reverted that one.

3) I noticed that. For the time being its been easy enough to simply update the number when I am moving the translations. The number was revised upwards and didn't update all the numbers everywhere (too many numbers. Ill update the number for future translations but so far its been a minor issue to rectify :)

Thanks :)

Seddon

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Takashi OTA <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Joseph Seddon

Fundraiser Translation Coordinator

Re: Fundraising message 20212

Takashi OTA-4
Thank you Joseph.
Your answer cleared my head, and now translations updated.

--Takashi

Tax deductibility page

Eleri James

The "tax deductibility" ( https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Tax_Deductibility/en ) information page appears to have been translated via the Donation Interface - Gateway Common message group at translatewiki.net last year. However, the headings "United States" and "other countries" do not appear to have been set up for translation last year. Is this page required this year? (The current donation landing page contains a link to this page.) If so, can the headings be added to the message group at translatewiki.net?

Also, there is no mention of the fundraising related messages to be translated at translatewiki.net on the Fundraising 2012/Translation portal, nor on the translate-status/Fundraising 2012 template, this year.

Eleri James