Fundraising update 12/18/06 - UTC 20:27

Brad Patrick-2
Hello:

Some minor points to report -

Persons who donate through Moneybookers should expect a delay before
their donation is posted; our engine only accepts processed
transactions, which in the case of Moneybookers is slower than with
Paypal.  Our data indicate donors who submitted transactions in the last
48 hours are still being processed, so for those of you who gave, thank
you, and you will see your name in due course.

Earlier today, some changes to the caching options for the live
reporting server (finetuning) resulted in a freeze in updating the live
bits around 15:30 UTC; the situation was resolved and all data are
updating normally.  Language work continues on the C.O.R.E. system,
please see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_C.O.R.E. to
provide assistance.

-Brad

Re: Fundraising update 12/18/06 - UTC 20:27

Walter Vermeir-2
Brad Patrick schreef:

> Hello:
>
> Some minor points to report -
>
> Persons who donate through Moneybookers should expect a delay before
> their donation is posted; our engine only accepts processed
> transactions, which in the case of Moneybookers is slower than with
> Paypal.  Our data indicate donors who submitted transactions in the last
> 48 hours are still being processed, so for those of you who gave, thank
> you, and you will see your name in due course.
[cut]

And donations by money transfer, will the also be imported? And the
messages if included?

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community

Re: Fundraising update 12/18/06 - UTC 20:27

Daniel Mayer
--- Brad Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Some minor points to report -
>
> Persons who donate through Moneybookers should expect a delay before
> their donation is posted; our engine only accepts processed
> transactions, which in the case of Moneybookers is slower than with
> Paypal.  Our data indicate donors who submitted transactions in the last
> 48 hours are still being processed, so for those of you who gave, thank
> you, and you will see your name in due course.

Very few potential donors read this list. I suggest saying the same thing near the top of the
tracking page; many donors will check that page right after donating to see their donation and
comment.

-- mav