Fundraising update

Brad Patrick-2
Greetings:

WMF is pleased to announce the first day of a matching gift challenge
from a friend of the Foundation who wishes to remain anonymous.  During
this time, our friend will donate up to $60,000 per day to match the
gifts made by the community to WMF.  This has the effect of doubling the
amount of each gift.  Gifts made via Paypal and Moneybookers as well as
donations received in the WMF office during the matching period will
count against the total.

A new sitenotice is being rolled out to call attention to this
unprecedented generosity from our friend.  We sincerely appreciate our
anonymous donor's decision to provide for the Foundation in this way.

It is our sincere hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity
to leverage your donation to support the Foundation.

-Brad

Re: Fundraising update

Mohamed Ibrahim
Hello,

shouldn't we change [[MediaWiki:Sitenotice_id]] to 1 or sth to unhide the
message for those who already dismissed it?
I guess this's a modification that everybody should see, right?

Cheers,

--
[[User:Mido]]
- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"

Re: Fundraising update

Erik Moeller-4
On 12/20/06, Mohamed Ibrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> shouldn't we change [[MediaWiki:Sitenotice_id]] to 1 or sth to unhide the
> message for those who already dismissed it?
> I guess this's a modification that everybody should see, right?

Yep, and done. Any significant updates should be accompanied by a
counter update...
--
Peace & Love,
Erik