Future of the GLAMtools email list

Fæ
* https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/glamtools *

The glamtools list we created a couple of years ago, after launching
the GLAM wiki toolset, has recently had very few users asking
questions about tools.

On behalf of the list mods, I invite feedback on whether the list
should be re-promoted as a useful but more general discussion about
Wikimedia Commons batch upload tools, techniques and issues. For
example it could be the recommended email list for all tools listed at
Commons:Upload tools[1] and for GLAM related tools such as those
listed on Outreach[2]. Alternatively, if the feeling is we have enough
lists and notice boards that do this job, this may be the right time
to close the list down and refer users elsewhere.

Though it costs nothing to run the email list, and past discussions
have been useful, there is a small volunteer cost in admin time to
keep an eye on the moderation queue.

If you prefer to discuss on-wiki, see the Commons VP thread.[3]

Links:
1. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Upload_tools
2. https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Resources/Tools
3. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Village_pump#GLAMTOOLS_email_list