Fw: Economictimes.com : Wikipedia may soon open its India chapter

Fw: Economictimes.com : Wikipedia may soon open its India chapter

Mahitgar from Marathi Wikipedia

Official Spokespersons for each Wiki

Ravi shankar-12
Hi,

Recently we came to know that a fraud guy has been claiming himself to be the "head" of Tamil Wiki and a director for yet-to-be-formed Indian Wikimedia chapter. He has been doing this at many places including Govt circles. This was a shock for us. I would like to warn a similar possibility for all other Indian Wikis.

I recommend that each Wiki start a mechanism to officially elect few official Spokespersons / contact persons and spread the word about this selection. The appointment can be cycled every few months to share responsibility with more members. These need not be just the sysops / bureaucrats. They can be anyone trust worthy, long serving the community, having fair idea of Wiki organization and easy to cooperate and communicate with.

Ravi.

http://ravidreams.com/