Fwd: Commons ZIP file upload for admins

Erik Moeller-4
FYI, posting this question on wikitech-l mostly to get a security
perspective on this.

Re: Fwd: Commons ZIP file upload for admins

Howard Cheng
Personally, I'd rather we allow file uploads via URL for admins. Downloading and uploading is always such a pain when you have slow connection.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI, posting this question on wikitech-l mostly to get a security
perspective on this.

Re: Fwd: Commons ZIP file upload for admins

Krinkle
On 26 oct 2010, at 01:04 (UTC +02:00) Howard Cheng wrote:

> Personally, I'd rather we allow file uploads via URL for admins.
> Downloading and uploading is always such a pain when you have slow
> connection.

Allowing URL uploads isn't an alternative for the proposal we're
discussing.
I don't see the link ?

--
Krinkle

Re: Fwd: Commons ZIP file upload for admins

Osama Elcontar
As long as the files will be checked for malicious code, I don't think there could be any arguments against it.

Such option is way overdue. It will allow edits that are now impossible. It will give editors more flexibility and save a lot of time. Especially if the original author decides to leave indefinitely.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
-- Orionist