Fwd: For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Cormac Lawler
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Titan Deng <[hidden email]>
Date: Sep 13, 2007 4:33 PM
Subject: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders
<[hidden email]>, Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List
<[hidden email]>

Hi, Wikimania 2008 bidders,

I was informed by an Alexandria bidder that it is necessary for bidders to
take a look of the WM07 budget, for your better imagination and calculation.
I would love to share these information with you, and I have already started
to write a summary report in detail for better organization of  Wikimania.
(Though it is still in Chinese currently)
As a member of the Wikimania 2008 bidding jury, I hope every bidding team
are on the same ground. So, there's nothing I have already told to
Alexandria.

The budget is in my Google docs and spreadsheets. I think it will be good
that every bidding team could let one person to read the WM07 budget.
However, we had signed some agreements with confidential obligations, so I
hope that the person who I share the budget with could help me on this.
Don't show it to people not related to your bidding. If it is not hard for
you to follow, then please inform me the person's email. :)

Titan Deng | Theodoranian
Wikimania 2007 Coordinator

Re: Fwd: For Wikimania 2008 bidders

James Hardy-2
I'd be willing to look at this if no one else fancies it. I think that this would be immensly helpful for us to have an idea of how much it would cost and therefore how much would need to be raised in sponsorship (the area in which IMHO our bid seems weakest)

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Gary Kirk
I think we should withdraw like Karlsruhe did. There is no way we can
hope to host Wikimania next year as it is. I am not prepared to do any
more work for the bid at this time - I've written a long-ish email
about it but it's not ready :).

On 9/14/07, James Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd be willing to look at this if no one else fancies it. I think that this
> would be immensly helpful for us to have an idea of how much it would cost
> and therefore how much would need to be raised in sponsorship (the area in
> which IMHO our bid seems weakest)
>

> On 14/09/2007, Cormac Lawler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > <[hidden email]>
> >

> > Hi, Wikimania 2008 bidders,
> >
> > I was informed by an Alexandria bidder that it is necessary for bidders to
> > take a look of the WM07 budget, for your better imagination and
> > calculation.
> > I would love to share these information with you, and I have already
> > started
> > to write a summary report in detail for better organization of  Wikimania.
> > (Though it is still in Chinese currently)
> > As a member of the Wikimania 2008 bidding jury, I hope every bidding team
> > are on the same ground. So, there's nothing I have already told to
> > Alexandria.
> >
> > The budget is in my Google docs and spreadsheets. I think it will be good
> > that every bidding team could let one person to read the WM07 budget.
> > However, we had signed some agreements with confidential obligations, so I
> > hope that the person who I share the budget with could help me on this.
> > Don't show it to people not related to your bidding. If it is not hard for
> > you to follow, then please inform me the person's email. :)
> >
> > Titan Deng | Theodoranian
> > Wikimania 2007 Coordinator

Gary Kirk

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Gary Kirk
I think we should withdraw like Karlsruhe did. There is no way we can
hope to host Wikimania next year as it is. I am not prepared to do any
more work for the bid at this time - I've written a long-ish email
about it but it's not yet ready. Like our bid :).

On 9/14/07, James Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd be willing to look at this if no one else fancies it. I think that this
> would be immensly helpful for us to have an idea of how much it would cost
> and therefore how much would need to be raised in sponsorship (the area in
> which IMHO our bid seems weakest)
>

> On 14/09/2007, Cormac Lawler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > <[hidden email]>
> >

> > Hi, Wikimania 2008 bidders,
> >
> > I was informed by an Alexandria bidder that it is necessary for bidders to
> > take a look of the WM07 budget, for your better imagination and
> > calculation.
> > I would love to share these information with you, and I have already
> > started
> > to write a summary report in detail for better organization of  Wikimania.
> > (Though it is still in Chinese currently)
> > As a member of the Wikimania 2008 bidding jury, I hope every bidding team
> > are on the same ground. So, there's nothing I have already told to
> > Alexandria.
> >
> > The budget is in my Google docs and spreadsheets. I think it will be good
> > that every bidding team could let one person to read the WM07 budget.
> > However, we had signed some agreements with confidential obligations, so I
> > hope that the person who I share the budget with could help me on this.
> > Don't show it to people not related to your bidding. If it is not hard for
> > you to follow, then please inform me the person's email. :)
> >
> > Titan Deng | Theodoranian
> > Wikimania 2007 Coordinator

Gary Kirk

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Gordon Joly
At 13:57 +0100 14/9/07, Gary Kirk wrote:
>I think we should withdraw like Karlsruhe did. There is no way we can
>hope to host Wikimania next year as it is. I am not prepared to do any
>more work for the bid at this time - I've written a long-ish email
>about it but it's not yet ready. Like our bid :).

What says the UK Chapter directors?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Casey Brown-3
What do they have to do with it?  Wikimania bids are not necessarily managed by the local chapters.  Gary is one who has been working on the bed, technically, he is the one who has the say.

On 9/14/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 13:57 +0100 14/9/07, Gary Kirk wrote:
>I think we should withdraw like Karlsruhe did. There is no way we can
>hope to host Wikimania next year as it is. I am not prepared to do any
>more work for the bid at this time - I've written a long-ish email
>about it but it's not yet ready. Like our bid :).

What says the UK Chapter directors?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
gordon.joly@...///

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Majorly
On 14/09/2007, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
What do they have to do with it?  Wikimania bids are not necessarily managed by the local chapters.  Gary is one who has been working on the bed, technically, he is the one who has the say.

On 9/14/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 13:57 +0100 14/9/07, Gary Kirk wrote:
>I think we should withdraw like Karlsruhe did. There is no way we can
>hope to host Wikimania next year as it is. I am not prepared to do any
>more work for the bid at this time - I've written a long-ish email
>about it but it's not yet ready. Like our bid :).

What says the UK Chapter directors?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

Working in bed? :P Anyway, I congratulate Gary for all his hard work on this, but it should really be up to him I think, since no one else did anything...

--
Alex (Majorly)

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Gary Kirk
Well, it made me laugh! :)

--
Gary Kirk

Re: [Foundation-l] For Wikimania 2008 bidders

Gordon Joly

I asked:

>What says the UK Chapter directors?
>
>Gordo

And then we have:

At 17:59 -0400 14/9/07, Casey Brown wrote:
>What do they have to do with it?  Wikimania bids are not necessarily
>managed by the local chapters.  Gary is one who has been working on
>the bed, technically, he is the one who has the say.

Well, yes, but, no, but....

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////