Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Cormac Lawler
Forwarding whole message...

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Dirk Riehle-2
Saw it on foundation-l; thanks for cross-posting.

I think this is a great decision---what you can't measure, you can't
manage, as the old adage goes.

I would like to suggest that Erik view his job not only as a
statistician but also as a research outreach person. WikiSym has been
growing at a healthy 25%/year rate in terms of publications, the quality
has been increasing significantly. Quantitative research into Wikipedia
plays a major role. I very much would like to see a continuation of
Jakob's and Angela's 2006 workshop on research into Wikipedia.

On that note, maybe someone (from the board?) can clarify for us the
role that research plays for the WMF. I've kind of lost track of the
meaning of the changes from Erik M through James to Gregory now, I believe?

Thanks,
Dirk

Cormac Lawler wrote:

> Forwarding whole message...

> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Into novel software paradigms, tools, processes?
Then submit a short paper to Onward! 2008 by July 2nd!
See http://www.oopsla.org/oopsla2008/cfp/cfp-onward.html
--
Phone: + 1 (650) 215 3459, Web: http://www.riehle.org

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Gilad Ravid

Have anyone know how to contact Domaas Mituzas?

I works with his stats files (http://dammit.lt/wikistats/)

and have some questions:

a) I need some back files? Is there a way to get them

b) In the last days there are files with odd numbers? I need help to interpret them

thanks,

Gilad

Domas Mituzas

Cormac Lawler wrote:

Forwarding whole message...

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Cormac Lawler

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Gilad Ravid <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Have anyone know how to contact Domaas Mituzas?

Cormac

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Dirk Riehle <[hidden email]> wrote:

On that note, maybe someone (from the board?) can clarify for us the
role that research plays for the WMF. I've kind of lost track of the
meaning of the changes from Erik M through James to Gregory now, I believe?

Sue and Erik (M) drafted a document about Wikimedia's research goals (aligned to wmf's strategic goals), which you'll find at: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Research_Goals>. But this is still pretty vague - I can't answer your question, and feel it would be better asked on foundation-l.

Cheers,
Cormac

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Michael Bimmler
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Cormac Lawler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Gilad Ravid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have anyone know how to contact Domaas Mituzas?
>
> The email address I have for Domas (from wmf mailing lists at least)
> is: [hidden email] ; his en.wp user page
> is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Midom (though I've no idea what wikis
> he checks most regularly).

I guess, the easiest way is probably to use his official address:
domas at wikimedia.

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler