Fwd: [Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

Fwd: [Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

KIZU Naoko
Hello,
in addition to the following:
- On the wikimedia foundation website, the policy is available in
English and Spanish.
- Translation request is found at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Licensing_policy/source
- If you have no disclaimer in your language yet, see also disclaimer
translation requests at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/disclaimer

The policy affects directly the local project, so it would be nice to
let your community know this news policy on VP, mailinglist etc, not
only putting the translation on the WMF wiki, I suppose.
Cheers,

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 3/26/07, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> in addition to the following:
> - On the wikimedia foundation website, the policy is available in
> English and Spanish.
> - Translation request is found at:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Licensing_policy/source
> - If you have no disclaimer in your language yet, see also disclaimer
> translation requests at:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/disclaimer
>
> The policy affects directly the local project, so it would be nice to
> let your community know this news policy on VP, mailinglist etc, not
> only putting the translation on the WMF wiki, I suppose.
> Cheers,

> The board has now passed its resolution on the media licensing policy,
> available now at:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy
>
> This policy is intended to reflect the principles in the message
> posted earlier at
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-February/027547.html
> and to make the guidelines for acceptable media licenses clearer
> across all projects.
>
> A beginning draft of an FAQ page is on Meta at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_policy_FAQ_draft -- please
> add your own questions and suggest answers.
>
> Please pass this information on to your project communities!
>
> Cheers,
> Kat Walsh
>

> --
> Wikimedia needs you: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage | (G)AIM:Mindspillage
> mindspillage or mind|wandering on irc.freenode.net | email for phone

> KIZU Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

I've already added a local copy on spanish wikiquote, nahuatl
wikipedia, and bringing sitenotices up again