Fwd: [Foundation-l] Some news from the German Wikisource

Fwd: [Foundation-l] Some news from the German Wikisource

Delphine Ménard
As usual...translate and forward.
Thanks so much for all the good work.

best,

Delphine

PS to my previous mail

louis bodo
Dear Delphine,

PS to my previous  mail

As I've read & wriiten (at least) 100-s of technical reports in UK English I am aware of the fact that in UK English writing practice the first mention of an abbreviation is normally followed by the meaning written out in full, in brackets, afterwards. The Americans ar also known for being particularly meticulous, even fussy.

Could the Wiki writers be instructed to follow this practice, if they are not asked to do so already.This will save a lot of time for the uninitiated readers. Then they will not have to puzzle over the meanings if they thought that it was essential to understand them.

Kind regards,

Louis

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.

PPS

louis bodo
Click a photo to view a larger version on Yahoo! Photos. See links above for more options.
Hi again, sorry for the mistypes, I am  not an expert dactilo and I am typing blind, as a baby ( my daughter's) is sleeping in a cot behind me
Cheers, Louis

Natty was 1 yr old on the 15th

La version agrandie de ces photos est disponible jusqu'au 20 décembre 2006 (90 jours)
Avec Photomail, partagez vos photos via Yahoo! Mail. En savoir plus Accéder à Yahoo! Photos

Re: PS to my previous mail

Ceila Sanchez

I agree with that.