Fwd: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

Fwd: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

KIZU Naoko
Perhaps most of you have read it but ...

thank you for your help always; and see you later, now it is 0:58 am
for me (as the quoted header shows you) and I need to take a sleep.
People around the Atrantic will be the best contact for your urgent
need, at least in some hours.

Cheers,

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

Habj
Just logged into the #wikipedia-sv channel, and was told Danny had
been there asking if someone has "access to wikimediafoundation.org".
I am not sure anyone understood what he meant by that, though. It
doesn't look like much text and not terribly complex either, I should
be able to translate it right away. I don't have editing rights on
wikimediafoundation.org though, so I am not sure how to go about this
is the most clever way.

/habj

Re: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

KIZU Naoko
PS. As you noted on the below, you need to have an account on that
wiki to help translation.

If you are willing to help, both the current ones and the translation
& updating in future, please list your name on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Request_for_an_account_on_the_Foundation_wiki.
Board a/o Comcom folks (precisely Mike Snow or me) will be consider your offers.

I heard some editors personally they were willing to help. If you are
still interested in ... please do, and list your name.

I'll take a sleep (now around 3am at ours) and back around 0300 UTC.
See ya

On 12/15/06, habj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just logged into the #wikipedia-sv channel, and was told Danny had
> been there asking if someone has "access to wikimediafoundation.org".
= have an account there

> I am not sure anyone understood what he meant by that, though. It
> doesn't look like much text and not terribly complex either, I should
> be able to translate it right away.

If it is not too complicated, please consider to import or copy &
paste required materials on meta and set a platform on a page .. so
perhaps TR/WMF/Fundraising form 2006 ?

Is there any meta sysop who is willing to help habj and cooperate with
her throught IRC?
# I am not so sober now ... sorry ...... too much late for me ...

Soon after,

> I don't have editing rights on
> wikimediafoundation.org though, so I am not sure how to go about this
> is the most clever way.
>
> /habj

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

Habj
I notice the German text
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:DavidStrauss/Spenden
is much longer than the English original.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:DavidStrauss/Fundraising

Just how exact translations are we supposed to make?

2006/12/14, Aphaia <[hidden email]>:

> If you are willing to help, both the current ones and the translation
> & updating in future, please list your name on
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Request_for_an_account_on_the_Foundation_wiki.
> Board a/o Comcom folks (precisely Mike Snow or me) will be consider your offers.

On that page, it says
"To ensure that users are already familiar with the policies of at
least one Wikimedia project, only administrators or foundation
committee members may apply for an account."

I am not an administrator. I was an admin at Swedish Wikipedia, but
stepped down over an affair where we were a bunch of people who wanted
to see one of our bureaucrats desysopped. Nobody asked me to step
down. I do however not plan to apply for adminship on Swedish
Wikipedia again. So, either you make en exception for me regarding
editing rights on wikimediafoundation.org, or we create another way of
making this doable.

I am not sure if anyone feels xe has the right to decide on such an
exception - of course we could limit it to short time. To my
knowledge, I was the only one from Swedish Wikipedia or the Swedish
speaking projects at all to visit Wikimania this summer. I wrote a
summary of it in Swedish, here
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anv%C3%A4ndare:Habj/Wikimania_2006
I was one of the major driving forces behind things like identifying
and labelling guideline pages and also creating new ones, and
generally increase the activity in the Wikipedia namespace outside of
the Village Pump and the Articles for Deletion, and this was one of my
main reasons to remain non-admin: I wanted to show that you did not
have to be an admin to edit and create pages in the Wikipedia
namespace. I also was one of the active people in the first rounds of
work for getting us an equivalent of an arbitration committée - not in
the last round of the work though. All the people who have been around
at Swedish Wikipedia for more than six months know this. You could
find some people to ask if I know as much or more about Wikimedia
project policies and guidelines as the average administrator, or you
could ask Jon Harald Søby from the Norwegian projects who I am. He is
a stewart and as he understand Swedish, although he does not write it,
I think he knows fairly well who I am in relation to Swedish
Wikipedia.

Another way is to just give me the code to the page in question - I
can work someplace else and then someone just paste it to the
wikimediafoundation.org website. You see, not having editing rights on
wikimediafoundation.org does not mean you get the tab "view source",
like on pages that are locked for editing. It means I have no access
to the code of the page, and have no possibility to add the text in
the correct templates etc.

The third way is, I just translate the text and we kindly ask Jon
Harald Søby, who understands Swedish well enough to see which parts of
the text is what, to put it in the right form with html and templates
and God knows what.

> If it is not too complicated, please consider to import or copy &
> paste required materials on meta and set a platform on a page .. so
> perhaps TR/WMF/Fundraising form 2006 ?

That is in line with my second suggestion.

/habj

Re: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

daniwo59
Just wanted to thank all the people from all the different languages who came together to make this happen and did a great job too.

We have
German, French, Spanish, 2 Norwegians, Czech, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Dutch, and I am assured that Turkish is on its way.

It would be great to see some of the other languages, large and small.

Danny

Re: [Foundation-l] fundraising: call for help (URGENT)

KIZU Naoko
Thank you for all your help, translators, and for your kindly attention,  Danny.
Welcome aboard, Habj ;)

On 12/15/06, habj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On that page, it says
> "To ensure that users are already familiar with the policies of at
> least one Wikimedia project, only administrators or foundation
> committee members may apply for an account."
>
> I am not an administrator. I was an admin at Swedish Wikipedia, but
> stepped down over an affair where we were a bunch of people who wanted
> to see one of our bureaucrats desysopped.

We are now discussing or rather calling for discussion about that.
Personally I am okay with former admins, but I would like to hear from
the Board who are ultimately responsible for that website.

> > If it is not too complicated, please consider to import or copy &
> > paste required materials on meta and set a platform on a page .. so
> > perhaps TR/WMF/Fundraising form 2006 ?
>
> That is in line with my second suggestion.

If there is no foundation wiki editors around there, you may start on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_request/WMF/Fundraising/2006

As noted, there are some versions already on the website. If anyone
knows how to fix the status page, we'll very appreciate their help.

Thanks for reminders, Pedro. Later (you don't mind me to go a lunch
placing just the backside of the globe from me?)