Fwd: [Gendergap] please spread the word about Wikimedia's paid open source internships for women
The Wikimedia Foundation will be participating as a mentoring organization in the upcoming round of Outreach Program for Women. Two out of the six women who qualified for the internship during the last round were Indians. Hoping to see many Indian women qualify for the mentorship this time!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sumana Harihareswara<[hidden email]> Date: Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM Subject: [Gendergap] please spread the word about Wikimedia's paid open source internships for women
To: [hidden email]
* USD$5000 for 3 months of full-time work
* can work remotely from anywhere
* doesn't have to be coding; documentation, testing, systems
administration, marketing, and design are also possible
* newbies to open source are welcome
* applicants don't have to be students
* trans women and genderqueer/genderfluid folks are welcome
* applicants should START NOW since applications are collaborative!
If you know a motivated woman who has never worked in technology before,
who's a good communicator and a diligent worker, and whose career is
stagnating, this is the PERFECT opportunity for her to cross-train and
start on a new, more lucrative path! Please spread the word.
Engineering Community Manager