Fwd: Harvard Library releases 12M bibliographic records under CC0

Fwd: Harvard Library releases 12M bibliographic records under CC0

Samuel Klein-4
This is big news -- though still only part of Harvard's full
collection of records.

Following the British Library's release of 3M bib records under CC0 18
months ago:
http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k77982&pageid=icb.page498373

David Weinberger writes:

> This is the largest contribution of full bib records we know of.
>
> Stuart Shieber [of the Berkman Center] (and of the Office of Scholarly
> Communication) was the driving force behind this.
>
> Woohoo!
>
> David W.

Re: Fwd: Harvard Library releases 12M bibliographic records under CC0

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
Very good news for Open Library, and for us too.

2012/4/24 Samuel Klein <[hidden email]>

> This is big news -- though still only part of Harvard's full
> collection of records.
>
> Following the British Library's release of 3M bib records under CC0 18
> months ago:
> http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k77982&pageid=icb.page498373
>
> David Weinberger writes:
>
> > This is the largest contribution of full bib records we know of.
> >
> > Stuart Shieber [of the Berkman Center] (and of the Office of Scholarly
> > Communication) was the driving force behind this.
> >
> > Woohoo!
> >
> > David W.

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>