Fwd: Malayalam Wikipedians Meetup 17April 2010 Ernakulam.

Fwd: Malayalam Wikipedians Meetup 17April 2010 Ernakulam.

CherianTinu Abraham
Please note that a Wikimeetup of Malayalam Wikipedians is planned for 17 April 2010 at Ernakulam , Kerala.

Please sign up if you are interested.

Thanks
Tinu Cherian

ONE BIG WAY to promote Indic Wikis

Ravi shankar-12
Hi all,

I recently gave a talk at an engineering college. All the students and faculty knew and used En Wiki everyday. But none knew there is a Tamil wiki :(

There is one simple way to spread awareness of Indic / language wikis. When I visit http://wordpress.com it flashes a message at the header that they have WordPress in Indian languages and links to those portals too.

Similarly, an IP based country detection script can be added to en wiki which will flash a similar message. This can even get better if the message can link to corresponding artilce (if existed) from language wikis in that country.

This is more important for countries like India which many languages. Can we agree on this and send a request / file a feature request at bugzilla?

Thanks,

Ravi

Re: ONE BIG WAY to promote Indic Wikis

Arjuna Rao Chavala
+1,
My experience with students in small towns is even bad. Many people
have not heard of wikipedia.

Regards
Arjun
http://tech4society.blogspot.com

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: ONE BIG WAY to promote Indic Wikis

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
People in my college [UNRAB Bangalore] have NOT heard of Wikipedia in English or any other language. Few know English, but hardly anybody knows local...

--
Sent from my mobile device

Your friend in time,

Cherian/Srikanth/R/

Wikipedia on YOUR MIND? Join us on Twitter....