Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

antonio roa
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any studies trying to measure the quality /
trust of Wiktionary content, specially the multilingual dimension referring
to the translations. There are a few papers targeting this issue for the
articles in Wikipedia, but was not able to find something similar for
Wiktionary. Any bit of info in this direction is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Antonio

Re: Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

Federico Leva (Nemo)
antonio roa, 20/09/2014 10:48:
> I was wondering if there are any studies trying to measure the quality /
> trust of Wiktionary content

You can start with:
*
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Wiktionary_prefix:Research:Newsletter
* http://wikipapers.referata.com/wiki/Wiktionary
Please add any other relevant publication to wikipapers!

Nemo

Re: Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

antonio roa
Nothing really related to the topic of my question. I guess this means
there is nothing so far.

Thanks!

On 20 September 2014 11:25, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> antonio roa, 20/09/2014 10:48:
>
>> I was wondering if there are any studies trying to measure the quality /
>> trust of Wiktionary content
>>

> You can start with:
> * https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/
> Wiktionary_prefix:Research:Newsletter
> * http://wikipapers.referata.com/wiki/Wiktionary
> Please add any other relevant publication to wikipapers!
>
> Nemo

Re: Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

Federico Leva (Nemo)
antonio roa, 20/09/2014 11:29:
> Nothing really related to the topic of my question. I guess this means
> there is nothing so far.

Err, there are actually some papers discussing how Wiktionary was useful
for them to the purpose you described. Look better?

Nemo

Re: Fwd: Measuring the quality of Wiktionary content

antonio roa
Can you please provide me with the exact link of the paper you are
referring to? I read [1] and what they propose is an alignment between
Wiktionary and OmegaWiki translations. Maybe I didn't formulate my question
quite clear. I am interested about papers suggesting measures for the
quality of the content available in Wiktionary, specially translations. The
only related papers to this topic that I could found are doing a
qualitative analysis from a lexicographical point of view.

Thanks.

[1]
https://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Group_UKP/publikationen/2013/tc3-article-MiM-ChM-final.pdf