Fwd: [Mediawiki-api] Editing en.wp via API to be disabled on 18 January

Fwd: [Mediawiki-api] Editing en.wp via API to be disabled on 18 January

Gordon Joly

Looks like the API is also going to be down for 24 hours....

Gordo

Re: Fwd: [Mediawiki-api] Editing en.wp via API to be disabled on 18 January

Michael Peel-4
But only the editing interface of the API - not the reading interface? So this will only keep people from changing the site, rather than accessing the content?

Mike

On 17 Jan 2012, at 09:53, Gordon Joly wrote:

> Looks like the API is also going to be down for 24 hours....
>
> Gordo

Thomas Dalton
That makes sense - you don't want any editing going on while people
aren't able to monitor it properly. If the API wasn't disabled, a
vandal that managed to get access to it (I can't remember what's
required to edit via the API) could go on a spree without anyone being
there to stop it and we would come back after the blackout to a
complete mess.