Fwd: Notes on Mediawiki Hackathon 2017, Vienna, Austria

Fwd: Notes on Mediawiki Hackathon 2017, Vienna, Austria

Shrinivasan T
Hi friends,

Got an opportunity to attend the mediawiki hackathon 2017 at vienna,
austria on May 19,21 and 22.

Here are my notes on the event.

Day 1 - https://goinggnu.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/notes-mediawiki-hackathon-2017-vienna-austria-day-1/

Day 2 - https://goinggnu.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/notes-mediawiki-hackathon-2017-day-2/

Day 3 - https://goinggnu.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/notes-mediawiki-hackathon-2017-day-3/

Our team created a connector for Lingue-Libre, a web based audio
recording tool. Now we can open browser, read a word loudly. It will
be recorded, uploaded to commons, linked to relevant wiktionary page.

Here is the code - https://github.com/wiese/Lingua-Libre/tree/python-backend

Here is a video demo in English -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8pwCC9MqGA&feature=youtu.be

Will fix few issues and host it on a server soon. Till then try
installing in your local computers and try it out.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: Fwd: Notes on Mediawiki Hackathon 2017, Vienna, Austria

Jaime Crespo
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Shrinivasan T <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi friends,
> Will fix few issues and host it on a server soon. Till then try
> installing in your local computers and try it out.

That is really cool! Remember you have available hosting resources at
the Wikimedia infrastructure if you want them:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Cloud_Services_Introduction

Re: Fwd: Notes on Mediawiki Hackathon 2017, Vienna, Austria

Jon Robson
Very neat. Thanks for taking the time to share and for attending! I hope
others share their experiences as well!

On Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:48 am Jaime Crespo, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Shrinivasan T <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> > Will fix few issues and host it on a server soon. Till then try
> > installing in your local computers and try it out.
>
> That is really cool! Remember you have available hosting resources at
> the Wikimedia infrastructure if you want them:
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Cloud_Services_Introduction

Re: Fwd: Notes on Mediawiki Hackathon 2017, Vienna, Austria

zppix e
While i was unable to attend, thanks for your notes and coming to the hackathon, feel free to continue your code contributions and bug fixing, if you ever need help, just ask! We're always around on chat.freenode.net (accessible via web, webchat.freenode.net ) on channel #wikimedia-dev

Sent from my iPhone