Fwd: [OKFN-CH] Swiss Transport Data: Next Steps / Opendata.ch Transport Working Group Kickoff

Fwd: [OKFN-CH] Swiss Transport Data: Next Steps / Opendata.ch Transport Working Group Kickoff

Charles Andrès-2
Even if the limitation on the dataset make it useless for Wikipedia, I know we have a lot of train-addict who may help to explain why redistribution and modification of the datas are necessary to have a real « open access » and not an "access for free ».

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Hannes Gassert <[hidden email]>
Objet: [OKFN-CH] Swiss Transport Data: Next Steps / Opendata.ch Transport Working Group Kickoff
Date: 25 avril 2014 11:55:41 UTC+2
À: [hidden email], Open Transport Data <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], open-transport <[hidden email]>

To whom it may concern

This week, the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) released a large volume of schedule data at http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fahrplandaten. The feedback was mixed, from a happy "Yeah! Finally! Congratulations!" to lukewarm hints at discrepancies with opendefinition.org - but in any case this move creates new potentials, new questions, and a new need to coordinate. How could the community work together to create open tools to work with this data, to transform it into other formats, to make it used and useful? Who's in, with what goals?

Let's find out, and let's make a plan - so let's meet. If interested, please fill in https://doodle.com/9ikwneuq4b7v5is9 - most practical place is Zurich, but please let me know if you'd like to participate from abroad, as this probably will turn out to be an international Hafas challenge. The meeting will also serve as the kickoff of Opendata.ch's Transport Working Group, if so decided by the participants.

Sending kind regards,
Hannes Gassert

--
Hannes Gassert  |  http://gassert.ch  |  +41 78 663 11 09