Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Jay Ashworth-2
In case y'all missed this:

Re: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Jeremy Baron
On Apr 6, 2013 9:05 PM, "Jay Ashworth" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In case y'all missed this:
>
> > Subject: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a
volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article
> > French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a
> > Wikipedia Article

There's at least one wikimedia-l thread on this and I don't see any
wikitech relevance.

-Jeremy

Re: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Chris Steipp
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Jeremy Baron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2013 9:05 PM, "Jay Ashworth" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > In case y'all missed this:
> >
> > > Subject: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a
> volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article
> > > French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a
> > > Wikipedia Article
>
> There's at least one wikimedia-l thread on this and I don't see any
> wikitech relevance.

Technical measures to prevent this could be interesting though. Requiring
that actions like delete be first nominated by another admin in a different
jurisdiction could be an interesting feature, although probably totally
impractical. If other people have ideas, I wouldn't mind hearing them.

Re: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Thomas Dalton
On 8 April 2013 18:21, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Technical measures to prevent this could be interesting though. Requiring
> that actions like delete be first nominated by another admin in a different
> jurisdiction could be an interesting feature, although probably totally
> impractical. If other people have ideas, I wouldn't mind hearing them.

I think it is rare enough to just deal with on a case-by-case basis.
It isn't hard to revert a deletion.

Re: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Tyler Romeo
Not that it's wikitech related, but please tell me the article was
undeleted.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | [hidden email]

Re: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia Article

Bartosz Dziewoński
On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 19:33:01 +0200, Tyler Romeo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not that it's wikitech related, but please tell me the article was
> undeleted.

It was, and I think it was the most viewed one on fr.wiki yesterday (or two days ago).

--
Matma Rex

On 8 April 2013 18:33, Tyler Romeo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not that it's wikitech related, but please tell me the article was
> undeleted.

Undeleted and then promptly translated into a dozen new languages!