[Fwd: Re: New Joournalist.com message]

brian.mcneil-2
Can people take a look - see they've done okay?

Oh, and someone poke Benny about it - I don't think he's on the list.

Re: [Fwd: Re: New Joournalist.com message]

bawolff
Its an improvement, they say its cc-by, but they still don't have our
name anywhere on it, or a link back. So still not quite.
--
- Bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 11:16 -0400, bawolff wrote:
> Its an improvement, they say its cc-by, but they still don't have our
> name anywhere on it, or a link back. So still not quite.

Okay, can someone pick a couple of URLs from them and I'll do a polite
followup?

I don't see any reason to needlessly complicate it for them by asking
their own default copyright message not appear where they use a Wikinews
article. Just that the copyright message for the article content from
Wikinews, and a link to the Wikinews article plus license, is given.

It can be framed as the license must allow anyone who wants to further
reuse the content to easily find the original.

> --
> - Bawolff
> Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85
> million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.
>

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Brian McNeil
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Can people take a look - see they've done okay?
> >
> > Oh, and someone poke Benny about it - I don't think he's on the list.

Ok. http://www.joournalist.com/detail/84/ has at the bottom, in very
small light grey text
"This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5
license. " (with Creative commons linked to the license).

Ideally they would have something like "This article is licensed under
the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 license. It is based on
"<wikinews article linked>" by Wikinews"

Other example urls http://www.joournalist.com/interview_other/5007/
http://www.joournalist.com/detail/88/

I agree that for simplicity, it is not needed that they remove their
copyright notice.
--
- Bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85
million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.