[Fwd: Re: WZ Timeline.]

Sabine Cretella
Re-sending my mail from yesterday ... for some reason it does not go
through.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [Wiktionary-l] WZ Timeline.
Datum: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:29:12 +0200
Von: Sabine Cretella <[hidden email]>
An: The Wiktionary (http://www.wiktionary.org) mailing list
<[hidden email]>
Referenzen: <[hidden email]>

Hi Michael,

that timeline you saw is quite an old one.

As for now we have the following dates:
- versioning should work by the end of August/beginning of September
- by October there should be a publicly editable version

As you probably know sometimes unforeseen things happen - so the dates I
am giving here are purely indicative and could change a bit.

You can already edit on WiktionaryZ right now, but it is us to give you
edit rights for the wikidata part, since versioning is not working
properly and we only can give edit rights to people we know and trust. I
suppose that is understandable. Of course the ordinary wiki pages can be
edited by anyone (well, it's a wiki :-)

Wishing you a great week-end!

Sabine

Michael Monaghan schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone estimate when a stable alpha/beta WZ might be available?
> [give or take a few months].
>
> Is http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Timetable is the best page
> to keep an eye on for this info?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~mm

Re: [Fwd: Re: WZ Timeline.]

Michael Monaghan
Thanks for the response Sabine,

> As for now we have the following dates:
> - versioning should work by the end of August/beginning of September
> - by October there should be a publicly editable version

With versioning working, would that be an alpha release?

Or what other features are required for the alpha version?

I have been looking for a feature list for WZ - but the best I have
been able to find is
http://wiktionaryz.org/index.php/Functionality_wanted_.. - which
appears to be a list of requested features, rather than features that
have been committed to.

Is there another place I should be looking?

> As you probably know sometimes unforeseen things happen - so the dates I
> am giving here are purely indicative and could change a bit.

Fair enough, I understand.

> You can already edit on WiktionaryZ right now, but it is us to give you
> edit rights for the wikidata part, since versioning is not working
> properly and we only can give edit rights to people we know and trust. I
> suppose that is understandable.

Yes.

> Of course the ordinary wiki pages can be
> edited by anyone (well, it's a wiki :-)
>
> Wishing you a great week-end!

Thanks again,

~mm