Fwd: Re: [arbcom-appeals-en] BASC status and transparency

Fwd: Re: [arbcom-appeals-en] BASC status and transparency

Filipus Klutiero
Not much to see here, but for full disclosure, I am forwarding this last message from the thread. All messages from committee members are entirely quoted in the 2 mails now forwarded, except for 1 templated paragraph.

On 2015-05-18 17:14, LFaraone (BASC) wrote:
> Chealer,
>
> This confirms receipt of your message, the contents of which have been
> distributed to members of the subcommittee.

Thank you

>   The purpose of this list
> is to hear appeals of blocks and bans, not to submit bug reports or
> suggest changes to Wikipedia policies or processes.

I am not sure what you mean. The mail I sent primarily meant to avoid misinterpretation of my suggestion regarding BASC status, which is why I think it is relevant here, but feel free to suggest a better forum if you consider this suboptimal (although I currently have no intention to add anything).

As for the submission bug, I was not sending a proper bug report and just meant to let you know there is a bug in case this has not been reported yet. If this is already tracked, someone can point me to the ticket and I will contribute there if possible. If not, I meant to signal my willingness to help if someone else is interested. This could be a browser bug, but a Wikipedia bug seems much more likely. If someone volunteers, I use the same address on XMPP.

>    -- LFaraone

[...]

--
Filipus Klutiero