Fwd: Research workshop at Wikimania

Cormac Lawler
FYI

Just a bit of context for those who don't know: Wikimania will be
happening this August in Harvard, Boston, USA. Call for participation
has been distributed, text at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006_Call_for_Participation -
see below for workshop idea. All the best,

Cormac

Re: Research workshop at Wikimania

Cormac Lawler
On 3/8/06, GerardM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi,
> You ask people for a research workshop. There is one problem that I
> have with it from the start. It is probably too narrow in scope, I do
> think / expect that you do not want to limit it only to wikiPedia. I
> expect that you would be equally happy to include people who have an
> interest in the other projects like wikibooks, wiktionary, wikinews et
> al
>
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

Thanks Gerard - oh absolutely - sorry, I should have made that clear
(hence forwarding to the lists again - I don't think you'll mind :-)).
I think there were different ideas on kinds of workshops / tutorials
to run (I think you were still around at that stage of the meeting?),
so one was on *using Wikimedia content for doing research*, another
was on *doing research about Wikimedia and its communities'
activities* (possibly to be split up between developers and social
scientists, but possibly not). Sorry, again. Any other comments/ideas?

Cormac