Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Abhiram C
Hello Wikipedians,

A new way to contribute to Samskrit is here!!!! The Samskrit Wikiquote is officially open for contributions. Thanks to all the people who  have striven hard to make it count.

The webpage can be found at sa.wikiquote.org

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Karthik Nadar-2
This is an awesome news.

Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.

The webpage can be found at sa.wikiquote.org

--
Thanks & Regards,
Abhiram C,

Thanks and regards,
Karthik Nadar,
Secretary, Wikimedia India Chapter.

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Vishnu t
Dear Dr. Sumana, Shiju and all others behind Wiki-Sukthi विकिसूक्तिः),

Wonderful achievement! We should celebrate this!! Many congratulations and keep it going.

Best,
Vishnu

On 10 February 2013 11:55, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is an awesome news.

Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Wikipedians,

A new way to contribute to Samskrit is here!!!! The Samskrit Wikiquote is officially open for contributions. Thanks to all the people who  have striven hard to make it count.

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Bugzilla from gaurav.pruthi88@gmail.com
Regarding preceding mail chain, It should be 'Sanskrit' rather than
'Samskrit' .Please correct me if I am wrong.
Congrats to all who helped Sanskrit board the wiki.

On 2/10/13, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Dr. Sumana, Shiju and all others behind Wiki-Sukthi ( *विकिसूक्तिः*),
>
> Wonderful achievement! We should celebrate this!! Many congratulations and
> keep it going.
>
> Best,
> Vishnu
>

> On 10 February 2013 11:55, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This is an awesome news.
>>
>> Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Wikipedians,
>>>
>>> A new way to contribute to Samskrit is here!!!! The Samskrit Wikiquote
>>> is
>>> officially open for contributions. Thanks to all the people who  have
>>> striven hard to make it count.
>>>
>>> The webpage can be found at *sa.wikiquote.org* <http://sa.wikiquote.org>

Gaurav Pruthi

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Congratulations to all the Sanskrit Wikipedians for the great achievement! Kudos Dr. Sumana and Samskrit Bharati for being so deeply involved with the project and taking it to such a new level.

Best!
Subha

On 10-Feb-2013, at 2:10 PM, Gaurav Pruthi wrote:

> Regarding preceding mail chain, It should be 'Sanskrit' rather than
> 'Samskrit' .Please correct me if I am wrong.
> Congrats to all who helped Sanskrit board the wiki.
>
> On 2/10/13, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Dr. Sumana, Shiju and all others behind Wiki-Sukthi ( *विकिसूक्तिः*),
>>
>> Wonderful achievement! We should celebrate this!! Many congratulations and
>> keep it going.
>>
>> Best,
>> Vishnu
>>

>> On 10 February 2013 11:55, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> This is an awesome news.
>>>
>>> Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
Congrats to the Samskrit community. Let's hope this brings up a fresh new lease of life to this wonderful language.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations to all the Sanskrit Wikipedians for the great achievement! Kudos Dr. Sumana and Samskrit Bharati for being so deeply involved with the project and taking it to such a new level.

Best!
Subha

On 10-Feb-2013, at 2:10 PM, Gaurav Pruthi wrote:

> Regarding preceding mail chain, It should be 'Sanskrit' rather than
> 'Samskrit' .Please correct me if I am wrong.
> Congrats to all who helped Sanskrit board the wiki.
>
> On 2/10/13, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Dr. Sumana, Shiju and all others behind Wiki-Sukthi ( *विकिसूक्तिः*),
>>
>> Wonderful achievement! We should celebrate this!! Many congratulations and
>> keep it going.
>>
>> Best,
>> Vishnu
>>

>> On 10 February 2013 11:55, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> This is an awesome news.
>>>
>>> Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Niraj Suryawanshi
Great Job!! All the best! Good Going.
Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com

Re: Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Rohini Lakshané
Suvaartaa asti.  Great news.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Wikipedians,

A new way to contribute to Samskrit is here!!!! The Samskrit Wikiquote is officially open for contributions. Thanks to all the people who  have striven hard to make it count.

Re: Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay-2
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C <[hidden email]> wrote:

[a somewhat bad snip from the forwarded email]

> We had started our efforts towards this in August 2012, persuading Wikipedia
> Language Committee. Over 7000 system messages were translated to samskrit,
> some 800 articles of useful content related to this project were created and
> uploaded, which were some of the requirements to approve new projects.

Would it be possible for someone to explain the term "system messages" ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Re: Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
System messages are messages of the interface.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM, sankarshan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C <[hidden email]> wrote:

[a somewhat bad snip from the forwarded email]

> We had started our efforts towards this in August 2012, persuading Wikipedia
> Language Committee. Over 7000 system messages were translated to samskrit,
> some 800 articles of useful content related to this project were created and
> uploaded, which were some of the requirements to approve new projects.

Would it be possible for someone to explain the term "system messages" ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Re: [Wikisa-l] Fwd: Samskrit Wikiquote ( Wiki SuktayaH)

Abhiram C
Hi Gaurav,

The term "Sanskrit" is one that was started by the Westerners who found it difficult to pronounce "Samskritam/Samskrit".
You too could try pronouncing the word Samskritam in English accent which will lead you to Sanskrit. Its better we stick to our basics and call it Samskritam.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Gaurav Pruthi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Regarding preceding mail chain, It should be 'Sanskrit' rather than
'Samskrit' .Please correct me if I am wrong.
Congrats to all who helped Sanskrit board the wiki.

On 2/10/13, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Dr. Sumana, Shiju and all others behind Wiki-Sukthi ( *विकिसूक्तिः*),
>
> Wonderful achievement! We should celebrate this!! Many congratulations and
> keep it going.
>
> Best,
> Vishnu
>

> On 10 February 2013 11:55, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This is an awesome news.
>>
>> Congratulations to all behind this one, and wish you all a great success.
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Abhiram C
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Wikipedians,
>>>
>>> A new way to contribute to Samskrit is here!!!! The Samskrit Wikiquote
>>> is
>>> officially open for contributions. Thanks to all the people who  have
>>> striven hard to make it count.
>>>
>>> The webpage can be found at *sa.wikiquote.org* <http://sa.wikiquote.org>

I think it's more a region specific spelling/pronunciation. If you look at the few variations of the pronunciation it might be more clear:
Northern India: Saan-skrit
Eastern India: Sans-krut, San-su-ta, San-skru-ta
Southern India: Sam-srkuta, Sam-skrita

In writing it is Sanskrit, a term coined by the Britishers. The fight would never end to reach a consensus for a common spelling! I think it's more important to appreciate the effort Samskritha Bharathi and all the Sanskrit Wikipedians put for. Bringing more editors and creating content will not only be helpful for Kannada language, it will help help other languages as well.

Best!
Subha