Fwd: [Tools] Kubernetes picked to provide alternative to GridEngine

Fwd: [Tools] Kubernetes picked to provide alternative to GridEngine

Yuvi Panda
FYI

Re: Fwd: [Tools] Kubernetes picked to provide alternative to GridEngine

Brian Gerstle
Congrats on moving forward with a big decision!  I'm very optimistic about
containers, so it's exciting to see movement in this area.

Is there a larger arc of using this for our own services (Mediawiki,
RESTBase, etc.), potentially in production?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Yuvi Panda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI

EN Wikipedia user page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Brian.gerstle
IRC: bgerstle

Re: Fwd: [Tools] Kubernetes picked to provide alternative to GridEngine

Giuseppe Lavagetto
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Brian Gerstle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on moving forward with a big decision!  I'm very optimistic about
> containers, so it's exciting to see movement in this area.
>
> Is there a larger arc of using this for our own services (Mediawiki,
> RESTBase, etc.), potentially in production?

Hi Brian,

I think we said this somewhere before, but yes we will consider if
kubernetes is a viable platform to run services in production onto.

But Kubernetes is much more than just "containers", it is a
distributed computing environment directly derived by Google's own
Borg system. I think it's a good candidate to be a platform to run
some services onto, but probably not mediawiki or Restbase for the
time being.

Cheers,

Giuseppe