Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

KIZU Naoko
(Forwarded from translators-l)
Hello all,
Election has begun. Please vote now.

To sysops, if you don't subscribe translators-l. For the Election, we
have to update two MediaWiki messages, advised Tim Staring.

------
> boardvote_notqualified:

You are not qualified to vote in this election. You need to have made
$3 edits before $2, you have made $1. Also, your first edit was at $4,
it needs to be before $5.

(or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
to be before $5.

You may be eligible to vote on another Wikimedia project where you are
active. If so, please visit that project and try again. Thank you!

> boardvote_notloggedin:
You are not logged in. To vote, you must use an account with at least
$1 contributions before $2, and with a first edit before $3.
------

Those changes could be done automatically by MediaWiki default, or
not. Anyway, it would be nice to prepare translations of those
messages in my opinion.

Other MediaWiki:Boardvote_* files have not to be changed, unless they
wasn't been translated. If it is your case, consider put the English
version to those two messages first, and then do translation somewhere
else, in one page ideally, and set them on your wiki later. That would
take only 30 minutes or so.

As for those two messages, you can see them on meta too:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Election_UI_text_2006

If you feel at ease, you can work on that page.

Kizu Naoko
 Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
 * vivemus, mea Lesbia, amemus *

Re: Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Sam Korn
Hi Aphaia

On 9/1/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
> Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
> English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
> have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
> to be before $5.

Can we make sure the comma splices in this are fixed for the English projects?

i.e. the last two sentences should read "You need to have made $3
edits here before $2; you have made $1. Also, your first edit on this
wiki was at $4; it needs to be before $5."

Thanks.

--
Sam

Re: Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Andrew Gray
On 01/09/06, Sam Korn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Aphaia
>
> On 9/1/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > (or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
> > Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
> > English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
> > have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
> > to be before $5.
>
> Can we make sure the comma splices in this are fixed for the English projects?
>
> i.e. the last two sentences should read "You need to have made $3
> edits here before $2; you have made $1. Also, your first edit on this
> wiki was at $4; it needs to be before $5."

Fixed. Sorry for not noticing that last night, I was tired and a bit rushed...

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Alison M. Wheeler
 On 9/1/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
> Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
> English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
> have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
> to be before $5.

I found it interesting that I received the message:
"your first edit on this wiki was at 19:29, 16 October 2005, it needs to
be before 00:00, 3 May 2006."

Somehow, I always thought that 2005 came before 2006! Possible software
fault?

Alison Wheeler

On 01/09/06, Alison Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  On 9/1/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > (or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
> > Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
> > English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
> > have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
> > to be before $5.
>
> I found it interesting that I received the message:
> "your first edit on this wiki was at 19:29, 16 October 2005, it needs to
> be before 00:00, 3 May 2006."
>
> Somehow, I always thought that 2005 came before 2006! Possible software
> fault?

It was doing that last night, but Tim fixed it... try purging the page
and retrying?

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
Aphaia wrote:
> (Forwarded from translators-l)
> Hello all,
> Election has begun. Please vote now.
>
> To sysops, if you don't subscribe translators-l. For the Election, we
> have to update two MediaWiki messages, advised Tim Staring.

... don't suppose we could get a full list of what is supposed to be
there or not, could we? At present Commons has
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Prefixindex/MediaWiki:Boardvote>:

Boardvote/{de,fr}
Boardvote/ru
Boardvote closed/{de,fr}
Boardvote days/{de,fr}
Boardvote dumplink/{de,fr}
Boardvote edits/{de,fr}
Boardvote edits many/{de,fr}
Boardvote entered/{de,fr}
Boardvote entry/de
Boardvote intro/de
Boardvote intro change/de
Boardvote listintro/de
Boardvote needadmin/de
Boardvote notloggedin
Boardvote notloggedin/de
Boardvote notqualified
Boardvote notqualified/{de,fr}
Boardvote notstarted/de
Boardvote novotes/de
Boardvote sitenotice/de
Boardvote strike/de
Boardvote submit/de
Boardvote time/de
Boardvote ua/de
Boardvote unstrike/de

and I'm wondering which ones need to be present...

Re: Fwd: UI text translation for Board Election 2006

Guillaume Paumier
Hi

On 9/1/06, Alison Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/1/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > (or a verbose version, if it fits your culture ... thanks to Shim-phone)
> > Sorry, you are not qualified to vote in this election here on the
> > English Wikipedia. You need to have made $3 edits here before $2, you
> > have made $1. Also, your first edit on this wiki was at $4, it needs
> > to be before $5.
>
> I found it interesting that I received the message:
> "your first edit on this wiki was at 19:29, 16 October 2005, it needs to
> be before 00:00, 3 May 2006."
>
> Somehow, I always thought that 2005 came before 2006! Possible software
> fault?

Actually, you get this message even if you meet one of the criteria. Thus,
if your editcount is below 400, but your first edit was made before 00:00, 3
may 2006, you will be said "your first edit on this wiki was at 19:29, 16
October 2005, it needs to
be before 00:00, 3 May 2006." This may cause some misunderstanding.

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex