Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Noopur-2
FYI. For those interested and for those who contributed to WLM, this might be for you.

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Arnav Sonara
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Noopur <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI. For those interested and for those who contributed to WLM, this might be for you.

Thanks for sharing this.

Is India participating in WLPA too?

Thanks.

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Pradeep Mohandas-4
hi,

I don't think we are, as far as I know. This is the first I recollect reading about it.

warm regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Pradeep Mohandas-4
hi,

WLPA 2013 seems to be a European competition for now. See this on Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Public_Art_2013.

It would be interesting to see instances of public art in India.

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Abhishek Suryawanshi

​Thank Pradeep for sharing link.

Participating countries :-

Lets participate?

-
​Abhishek ​

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

WLPA 2013 seems to be a European competition for now. See this on Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Public_Art_2013.

It would be interesting to see instances of public art in India.

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
I agree with Pradeep. It'd be great to see instances of public art in
India. We might be able to try a small scale version of this in India
next year.

On 2/20/13, Pradeep Mohandas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> WLPA 2013 seems to be a European competition for now. See this on Commons -
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Public_Art_2013.
>
> It would be interesting to see instances of public art in India.
>

> Pradeep Mohandas
> How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
>

> ________________________________

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Donate to the Wikimedia India Chapter today<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Donations>

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Noopur <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI. For those interested and for those who contributed to WLM, this might be for you.

Thanks for sharing this.

Is India participating in WLPA too?

Thanks.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik Nadar,
Secretary, Wikimedia India Chapter.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Noopur <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI. For those interested and for those who contributed to WLM, this might be for you.

Thanks for sharing this.

Is India participating in WLPA too?

Thanks.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik Nadar,
Secretary, Wikimedia India Chapter.

Noopur Raval
Student
Arts and Aesthetics
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Ph: 9650567690

Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Niraj Suryawanshi
Hey,
Great Initiative and all the best wishes for the same.
Thanks to Noopur for sharing.
Sadly its only for Chapters in European Union!
But would be glad to help in any way possible.

Regards & Thanks,
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
8149920120 | [hidden email]

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Noopur-2 [via Wikimedia] <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI. For those interested and for those who contributed to WLM, this might be for you.

Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA? We are looking for 4-5 jury members. We welcome people with different backgrounds and experiences (for example, photographers, Wikipedians, artists).

More information about the jury's work is available here: http://wikilovespublicart.org/jury/

If you are interested please contact John or me. Tell us a bit about yourself and why you are interested.

Best regards,

Arild Vågen,
coordinator for the international jury

NAML

Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Niraj Suryawanshi
Hey Shrikant,
Lets try out something on a small scale, something which is confined in a city for the time being & then take this model on a higher level??
How does it sound??

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with Pradeep. It'd be great to see instances of public art in
India. We might be able to try a small scale version of this in India
next year.

On 2/20/13, Pradeep Mohandas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> WLPA 2013 seems to be a European competition for now. See this on Commons -
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Public_Art_2013.
>
> It would be interesting to see instances of public art in India.
>

> Pradeep Mohandas
> How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
>

> ________________________________

Thanks for the idea, Noopur.

I have sent a note to the guys behind the Wall Project, Mumbai. If something works out, I hope a few Wikipedians would be interested in coming along with me. I am not much of an artist - much less a public art artist.

warm regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

Re: Fwd: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Pradeep Mohandas-4
hi,

Just an update on this. I wrote to the guys behind the Wall Project in Mumbai. We now have an offer to attend one of their meetups, when that happens. I have also extended an invite to the next Wikipedia meetup in Mumbai.