Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Gary Kirk

Re: Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Gordon Joly
At 15:41 +0100 8/4/07, Gary Kirk wrote:

> [...]

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/41/414/Elusive_Camel/Waterloo

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/comments.shtml/414/

Seems to have two names (at least two names). And there is a much
better pub nearby, which has been used for Wikimeets. Not that I
should mess up your arrangements!!!!!

Gordo

P.S. Looks like this at night....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loopzilla/73580870/

P.P.S. What is (are) Tim Tams?

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

On 09/04/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.P.S. What is (are) Tim Tams?

Australian for CRACK. It says so in this not reliable but pretty darn
good online encyclopedia I have to hand here ...

- d.

Re: Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Rob Church
On 09/04/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> P.P.S. What is (are) Tim Tams?

Nice. Very nice. Like penguins, but nicer. David Gerard gets all
wobbly at the knees when he sniffs a tim-tam, that's how good they
are.

Rob Church

At 10:44 +0100 9/4/07, David Gerard wrote:

>On 09/04/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > P.P.S. What is (are) Tim Tams?
>

>Australian for CRACK. It says so in this not reliable but pretty darn
>good online encyclopedia I have to hand here ...
>

>- d.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tams

Huh?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Dev 920
..."The Tim Tam Slam, also known as the Tim Tam Suck, Tim Tam Explosion, Tim Tam Orgasm, Tim Tam Straw, Shot-gunning a Tim Tam, or just plain Tim Tamming is the main form of Tea Sucking"...

0o
_

gordon.joly@...///

At 22:39 +0100 9/4/07, Dev 920 wrote:
>..."The Tim Tam Slam, also known as the Tim Tam Suck, Tim Tam
>Explosion, Tim Tam Orgasm, Tim Tam Straw, Shot-gunning a Tim Tam, or
>just plain Tim Tamming is the main form of
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Sucking>Tea Sucking"...

"It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into
Tim Tam. (Discuss)"

It is a long time since I have dunked (a biscuit)....

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

On 10/04/07, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is a long time since I have dunked (a biscuit)....

As opposed to dunking a witch?

*gets an evil glint and goes off to find Anthere*

(Hey, elections mean campaigning, and campaigning means satire.
Wikimedia meets Dead Ringers!)

Rob Church

Re: Fwd: [WikiEN-l] If anybody is remotely interested...

Gary Kirk
"BBC Radio 4, I'm Brian Perkins. The headlines again: Jimbo Wales'
claim to have created a free online encyclopaedia has been contested.
By me..."

([[Dead Ringers]])

At 21:56 +0100 10/4/07, Gary Kirk wrote:
>"BBC Radio 4, I'm Brian Perkins. The headlines again: Jimbo Wales'
>claim to have created a free online encyclopaedia has been contested.
>By me..."
>
>([[Dead Ringers]])

*****
Howls of protest as web gurus attempt to banish bad behaviour from blogosphere

Opinion divided over code of conduct meant to rid postings of
offensive and abusive comments

Ed Pilkington in New York
Tuesday April 10, 2007
The Guardian

Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia.

  Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty

Perhaps it was inevitable. When two leading internet pioneers came
together this week to propose a set of guidelines that would filter
out offensive and abusive comments from blogs, they were met by a
torrent of offensive and abusive comments.

[...]

*****

Full text at

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2053530,00.html