Fwd: [Wikidata] Senses are now part of Lexicographical Data

Fwd: [Wikidata] Senses are now part of Lexicographical Data

Pine W
Forwarding.

Pine
-------- Original message --------From: Léa Lacroix <[hidden email]> Date: 10/18/18  3:20 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: "Discussion list for the Wikidata project." <[hidden email]> Subject: [Wikidata] Senses are now part of Lexicographical Data
Hello all,
As previously announced, the next big piece of Lexicographical Data on Wikidata is now deployed: Senses.
Senses will allow you to describe, for each Lexeme, the different
 meanings of the word. By using multilingual glosses, very short phrase
giving an idea of the meaning. In addition, each of these Senses can
have statements to indicate synonyms, antonyms, refers-to-concept and
more. By connecting Senses to other Senses and to Items, you will be
able to describe precisely the meaning of words with structured and
linked data. But the most important thing is that Senses will be able to
 do is collect translations of words between languages.
Thanks to Senses, you will be able to organize and connect the
existing Lexemes better, and to provide a very important layer of
information. With Senses support, we now have all the basic technical
building blocks to allow structured machine-readable lexicographical
data, that can be reusable within and Wikimedia projects and by other
stakeholders.
Feel free to try editing Senses. You can use the sandbox to make some tests. Let us know if you have questions or find bugs.
Note: there are still issues with sorting the IDs of Senses,
Forms and sorting the glosses, that will be solved later this week.
Thanks for your understanding.
Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Re: Fwd: [Wikidata] Senses are now part of Lexicographical Data

Amgine-3
Well-forked!

Amgine