Fwd: [Wikimedia Announcements] WMF Board approval of new Trademark policy and recommendation on the Community logo registration

Fwd: [Wikimedia Announcements] WMF Board approval of new Trademark policy and recommendation on the Community logo registration

Charles Andrès-2
FYI

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch

Début du message transféré :

Expéditeur: Yana Welinder <[hidden email]>
Date: 4 février 2014 20:55:38 UTC+1
Destinataire: [hidden email]
Objet: [Wikimedia Announcements] WMF Board approval of new Trademark policy and recommendation on the Community logo registration
Répondre à: [hidden email]

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that the Board of Trustees approved the new Trademark Policy this Saturday.[1] The policy is based on a seven-month consultation with the community to replace our 2009 policy. The new policy is unconventional in how it provides expansive use of the Wikimedia marks. Thanks to the community’s collaboration, the policy is more readable, thorough, and consistent with our values.

The Board also approved our recommendation to withdraw trademark registration and protection for the Community logo.[2] We will now initiate withdrawal of US and worldwide registrations.

Many thanks to everyone who participated in these two consultations!

Thanks,
Yana and Geoff

--
Yana Welinder