Fwd: [Wikimedia Education] Evaluation report on Wikipedia Fellows pilot

Fwd: [Wikimedia Education] Evaluation report on Wikipedia Fellows pilot

James Salsman-2
LiAnna, is there any way the filter rules could be adjusted to allow
my followup questions, please?

From: James Salsman <[hidden email]>
To: Wikimedia Education <[hidden email]>
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:50:48 -0600
LiAnna, thank you so much for sending the list of twelve partner
associations at https://wikiedu.org/partnerships/

I am copying the list here because I have more questions:

American Anthropological Association
American Chemical Society
American Society of Plant Biologists
American Sociological Association
American Studies Association
Association for Psychological Science
Association for Women in Mathematics
Linguistic Society of America
Louisiana State University, Communication across the Curriculum
Midwest Political Science Association
National Communication Association
National Women’s Studies Association
Society for Marine Mammalogy

I'd like to recommend brainstorming what a list of, say 50 such
associations would look like if you picked them specifically to
balance them against e.g.
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/files/2015/09/figure-1-wikipedia-open-access1.jpg

Since I am certain you will see the merit of such work, I want to take
this time to say a few words about economics. In particular, with
reference to:

https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wiki-research-l/2018-April/006256.html

and

https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-May/090241.html

These are very serious questions impacting the lives, livelihoods, and
years of productive life of billions upon billions of people, and will
probably remain as weighty for years.

In the mean time, I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my
recommendation to establish an essay contest for students on topics
such as economics, or any of Wikipedia's under-represented sciences or
humanities. The last time we discussed this question I did not
understand the reasons that you suggested such an essay contest would
be inappropriate. Has your view evolved?

Best regards,
Jim