Quantcast

Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Pine W
Forwarding

Pine

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Rehman Abubakr

This is great! It would be really cool if someone could write a similar Android mobile app...

Thanks and regards,

User:Rehman

Re: [WikimediaMobile] Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Asaf Bartov-2
Here you go, Rehman:

Excellent app by Wikipedian John Phelan.

Also allows you to plan whole walking routes to snap several photos, and even allows doing so in advance, i.e. for other locations, so you can plan a trip and then have it even without a mobile data connection.

    A.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:45 AM Luis Villa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Someone created a web page on labs somewhere that does exactly this, and I used it to improve my neighborhood, but I can't find it now :(

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016, 9:04 PM Rehman Abubakr <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is great! It would be really cool if someone could write a similar Android mobile app...

Thanks and regards,

User:Rehman

Re: [WikimediaMobile] Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Michael Peel-2
Is there a similar app for iOS? A quick search there shows up mostly Wikipedia readers.*

* Although, the search found 'Time Machine for Wikipedia' - showing old versions of Wikipedia articles - which is pretty cool! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time-machine-for-wikipedia/id1088508414?mt=8

Thanks,
Mike

On 6 Nov 2016, at 16:50, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here you go, Rehman:

Excellent app by Wikipedian John Phelan.

Also allows you to plan whole walking routes to snap several photos, and even allows doing so in advance, i.e. for other locations, so you can plan a trip and then have it even without a mobile data connection.

    A.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:45 AM Luis Villa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Someone created a web page on labs somewhere that does exactly this, and I used it to improve my neighborhood, but I can't find it now :(

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016, 9:04 PM Rehman Abubakr <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is great! It would be really cool if someone could write a similar Android mobile app...

Thanks and regards,

User:Rehman

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

wsamuels
I made something that I think it´s good find you but I prefer you white me in Spanish because my English id very bad thanks you.

De: "Pine W" <[hidden email]>
Para: "mobile-l" <[hidden email]>, "Wikimedia Commons Discussion List" <[hidden email]>
Enviados: Domingo, 6 de Noviembre 2016 3:47:32

Forwarding

Pine

I made something that I think is pretty cool: a watchface for Pebble
smartwatches that shows you the nearest unphotographed Wikipedia
article. I've been using it for about a month, and I'm really happy
with how it's turned out. I've taken a lot of photos for articles that
I wouldn't have otherwise.

It's called "Diderot". If you have a Pebble, check it out:
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/57dc94602a6ea665510000f0

A few neat things about it:

* You can configure it for a number of different language versions of Wikipedia
* It uses a wmflabs API by Albin Larrson which filters out articles
that have only a png or svg illustration, so you still see the
articles that have a map or logo but lack a real photograph.

-Sage

Universidad de la Isla de la Juventud Jesús Montané Oropesa

Dirección: Carretera Aeropuerto Km , Isla de la Juventud, Cuba

Teléfono: (+53) 046 324819

Sitio Web Nacional: intranet.cuij.edu.cu

Redes Sociales: Síguenos en Facebook y Twitter

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Magnus Manske-2

De: "Pine W" <[hidden email]>
Para: "mobile-l" <[hidden email]>, "Wikimedia Commons Discussion List" <[hidden email]>
[...]

Teléfono: <a href="tel:+53%2046%20324819" value="+5346324819" class="gmail_msg" target="_blank">(+53) 046 324819

Sitio Web Nacional: intranet.cuij.edu.cu

Redes Sociales: Síguenos en Facebook y Twitter

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] Pebble smartwatch tool for finding Wikipedia photo opportunities

Srikanth Ramakrishnan

Thanks for this update.
I guess I can put my Pebble to good use while roaming around with my camera.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
http://bestpedia.in

De: "Pine W" <[hidden email]>
Para: "mobile-l" <[hidden email]>, "Wikimedia Commons Discussion List" <[hidden email]>
[...]

Teléfono: <a href="tel:+53%2046%20324819" value="+5346324819" class="m_9110384846693894221gmail_msg" target="_blank">(+53) 046 324819