Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members

Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members

Charles Andrès-2

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Jay Walsh <[hidden email]>
Objet: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members
Date: 13 janvier 2014 23:41:14 UTC+1
Répondre à: [hidden email]

Dear all,

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees have posted the first of a
new series of monthly blog posts to the Wikimedia blog. The first post,
from Vice Chair Phoebe Ayers, is an introduction to the Board, its mandate,
and its work within the community.

You can find that post at
https://<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/01/13/introduction-to-the-board-of-trustees/>
blog.wikimedia.org<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/01/13/introduction-to-the-board-of-trustees/>
/2014/01/13/introduction-to-the-board-of-trustees/<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/01/13/introduction-to-the-board-of-trustees/>

Board members will take turns publishing one or two new posts every month,
where they will explore ongoing initiatives of the Board and discuss
topics relevant to the movement and the Wikimedia community.

We hope you'll enjoy these posts, and also that you'll take time
to comment, offer suggestions, and get involved in a dialog with the Board
of Trustees.

Regards,

Jay Walsh (for communications)

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members

Yann Heurtaux
I'd totally like to see something like that coming from our fellow WMCH Boardmembers ;)
Stating and repeating the stories around your vision when you get into the Board is essential, both internally and externally.

Thanks for the link Charles.
-Y.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Charles Andrès <[hidden email]> wrote:

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Jay Walsh <[hidden email]>
Date: 13 janvier 2014 23:41:14 UTC+1
Répondre à: [hidden email]

[...]

- Yann Heurtaux
Freelance Conversationalist
@shalf - http://shalf.me
+41 78 845 9266

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members

Patrick Kenel
Dear Yann

Thank you for your interest! I also appreciated Phoebe's blog post and could at least imagine something like this for Wikimedia CH in the future.

The difference between us and them is that the trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation are important because they are at the core of a global movement and there is a good distribution of different expertise. Their governance and strategic thinking is more advanced in comparison to a chapter like WMCH where the Board until recently managed all day-to-day tasks. Before Sue Gardner came as ED, the WMF looked much else as well, although I can't remember this time very well.

What's currently important on our side is to improve the General Assembly and update outdated informations on the website. These are opportunities to share more visions, and are already a step forward. I know that you have a professional expertise in this area, so maybe we can once have a dialogue on this.

Regards,

Patrick Kenel
~~~~
www.wikimedia.ch

Re: Fwd: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Blog posts by Foundation Board members

Yann Heurtaux
Good evening Patrick (or is this even evening anymore?),

As Charles and Ahn already know, WMCH can count on me to help on that during 2014.
I'd be happy to tackle some kind of a check-list with the board regarding those matters between 2nd week of February and the GA if it can help to be prepared better, or right after it.