Quantcast

Fwd: [WikimediaMobile] Android Commons app v1.0 beta 4 released

Fwd: [WikimediaMobile] Android Commons app v1.0 beta 4 released

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Dear All,

Here is a beta release of  Android Commons app.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Yuvi Panda <[hidden email]>
Date: 21 March 2013 4:17:17 AM IST
To: mobile-l <[hidden email]>
Subject: [WikimediaMobile] Android Commons app v1.0 beta 4 released

Android Commons app v1.0 beta4 was just released into the play store,
and should be making it's way as an update to your phones over the
next few hours!

The release version of the app that uploads to commons is available from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wikimedia.commons

The nightly / beta version that uploads to testwiki can be downloaded from
https://bit.ly/commons-beta (redirects to
https://integration.mediawiki.org/nightly/mobile/android-commons/android-commons_latest.apk
)

Major new feature
=============

Biggest new feature being Multiple Uploads! You can now select any
number of images from your phone's gallery (press and hold image
thumbnails, then tap to select more) and send them to commons via
'Share'. There's special UI to make titling multiple images easier,
and you can also tap on them individually to title them. Categories &
descriptions coming soon

Other features
==========
- i18n updates
- Lesser file name caused upload failures
- Switched to Holo Dark theme

New features planned for next release are Post Upload actions (Share
to services and Categorize) and general user polish.

Pull requests welcome at https://github.com/wikimedia/android-commons and
bug reports at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=CommonsApp

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

Re: Fwd: [WikimediaMobile] Android Commons app v1.0 beta 4 released

Dr Pavanaja

I have used that. I found these very important features missing-

·         Options to crop, resize, etc

·         Options to add category

Regards,

pavanaja

From: Yuvi Panda <[hidden email]>
Date: 21 March 2013 4:17:17 AM IST
To: mobile-l <[hidden email]>

[...]

Subhashish Panigrahi

Re: Fwd: [WikimediaMobile] Android Commons app v1.0 beta 4 released

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay-2

<https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Commons%20App>

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay